"subject to" course study - Posted by latundan

Posted by nigel(oh) on August 05, 2003 at 24:24:46:

it’s one thing not to like what you experienced and another to make up stories. just stick with your criticisms.

“subject to” course study - Posted by latundan

Posted by latundan on August 04, 2003 at 13:00:39:

pls. to all of you who are pro in subject to deals, which study course is the best to buy? or if you are selling yours or the one that you use when you were learning, let me know how much you want. im thinking about the course offered by charlie and randy, any thoughts? thanks.

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on August 04, 2003 at 20:31:17:

“The best” is Conti and Finkel’s Multiple Streams of Income book because it is FREE. It is also one of the better courses regardless price. They used to charge hundreds of $$$$ for it.

Click on the blue banner ad on this site.

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 04, 2003 at 20:05:42:

latundan,
I don’t really think there is a “Best subject to course” out there.
Each course, like their authors, offers a different perspective, and different angle on how they apply the technique.
Sure, the basics are all pretty much the same.
Hence the reason, in my opinion, no matter what course you purchase, there is something to learn within it.
Some are a little thin in my opinion, while others do give some just plain bad advice…again, my opinion.

Frankly, since you seem to be seeking “Credibility” from a course, book or author, perhaps all, then I’d direct you to anything sold by Bill Bronchick.
He is an attorney, author, teacher, and investor.
For me, being all of that actively, lends greatly to his credibility factor.

Then he only adds to it, by posting on various investment forums, himself.
Pretty cool, you can actually carry on a thread with an author?
Can you call him on his cell when ever you want?
Maybe if you pay him? But I really have no clue. Since he is so credible, I’m sure he is busy, and would not, I know I don’t.

Before you buy a course, I would suggest that you read EVERY article here, and search the archives on subject to.
There are TONS of posts, and from there, you could easily print out a three ring binder, making some reference materials.
After that, check your budget, hopefully you saved while studying, and buy a course that fits the budget.

Take action, read the course, and come here for questions.

No matter which one you get, if the author has purchased property with their system, and you do exactly as they teach, you should too.

This ain’t easy, it takes work, the course or book you purchase, will only guide you, and help you develope a route to get there.

Good luck,
Jim FL

P.S. Ignore the others about the Locke course, even though I’ve not read it, for less than $200, being able to pick his brain would tell me that he is offering a bragain…based on his posts here and other places I’ve read. Again, more credibility, he is available, and NOT anonymous. :slight_smile:

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by sub-to-intheknow

Posted by sub-to-intheknow on August 04, 2003 at 13:38:15:

I would purchase one of the larger or better courses on ebay, or check with a local REI club for deals on a course that has content, quality and detail.

I would avoid John Lockes book. What you get for 159 is a cell phone with a book. His entire pitch is that you can call him. He hasnt done a deal in 5-7 yrs. His experience is before the throngs were out there, and his stories of 100k deals are fun to listen to, but very unrealistic. His angle is very thin on details (his strategy is ok, but you dont get any backup for how to answer questions or deal with anything other than yes) and his forms are not local.

It is the best 159.99 you ever left in your bank account. Anyone that only offers to be paid via PayPal has got something to hide.

You will thank me later for heeding my advice.

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on August 06, 2003 at 21:28:17:

Just to let you guys know , I got this book free months
ago. It is a good book. Just saw the same book being
sold on amazon.com and thru ebay for $97.00 by
someone called booksbytammy. I can’t believe it!

I guess there are ways and more ways to make
a buck…lol :slight_smile:

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by sub-to-intheknow

Posted by sub-to-intheknow on August 04, 2003 at 21:45:58:

Like I said in my response, I did buy his course, and basically all you get his his cell phone number.

His course is put together like a 3rd grade book report, cheap binder and all. He needs to take his materials to an editor, there are grammar errors all over the place, run on sentences and mistakes everywhere.

He tried to cheap his way through the subject, and it shows. Maybe he has some good points, but I wish I had researched articles and saved the 150.

Get him on the phone and all you get is tall tales and general information. He has been out of the market for years…add that his success was in the best RE market in the country, Las Vegas. There is no other place that people have money, tons of turnover and nice houses in the same small community.

He would not succeed how he did then in any market now, including Las Vegas. He hit the market like many day traders hit the internet stocks in 1999-2000. Would you buy a stock trading book from a day trader who made their money many years ago?

The guy is going to retire about every other week…lives in a trailer park…

Do your research and avoid the book.

Re: “subject to” course study - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on August 11, 2003 at 18:17:28:

>> Anyone that only offers to be paid via PayPal has got something to hide.

HARDLY!! It’s more often buyers who won’t submit to paypal’s vigorous ID checking routine who have something to hide. Why won’t you just submit your verified billing address to PayPal so the merchant knows the deal is on the level? Were you hoping to have the item sent to an anonymous mail drop and reverse payment somehow? Tough to do with PayPal, isn’t it? Maybe you can find a merchant stupid enough to take your personal check as payment, aye?

As for the merchant, on PayPal Preferred (exclusive), the funding charge drops from 2.2% to 0.7% per transaction. Merchants like that.

Do your homework next time.

A few comments on your post… - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on August 11, 2003 at 10:50:05:

Ok, I get the picture you’re not too fond of John’s material. That’s fine, but your criticism seems a bit hollow.

I agree that if you want to know more of the legal side of buying subject to and selling on a land contract, then you’ll need to get that from another source. Bronchick’s Cash Cow or whatever it’s called now would be my suggestion.

John’s manual is more for the technician than the engineer. He tells you how to work in a specific niche and leaves out all the theory. I actually appreciate the fact that he cuts to the chase and gives a formatted presentation. At least it’s original, which is a more that can be said of 90% of the material out there. For $159, it’s not a bad deal.

Are you sure he hasn’t done a deal in 5-7 years? I know a guy that did a deal with him about 5 months ago. Oh, if you’re basing this on public records then you can’t look under an old business name, which has been sold.

Yes, he was out there before the “throngs”. I didn’t realize being a pioneer was such a bad thing.

You say, “his forms are not local.” Actually, they are local if you live in Clark County, NV. But, let me get this straight. You expected to get forms for every locality in the country for $159? Yeah, right.

Months ago I sold a few of my old courses on a well known auction site and would only accept PayPal as it was cheap, fast, secure and easy to set up. Does that mean I also have something to hide?

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents… keep the change!

-Andrew

Re: I have to agree - Posted by Sub-to veteran

Posted by Sub-to veteran on August 04, 2003 at 17:30:38:

Although his course gave me a few new ideas, so does every course or free post on this site. I’ve done several sub-to deals before I bought John’s course. I like John. But I have to agree with the previous poster.