Subject To Gurus-Mass Marketing-Buy 1976 Cube Van? - Posted by David G (OR)

Posted by Winston, CT on July 09, 2002 at 16:11:18:

GREAT IDEA!
May I borrow it? The idea, not the van!
lol

Subject To Gurus-Mass Marketing-Buy 1976 Cube Van? - Posted by David G (OR)

Posted by David G (OR) on July 09, 2002 at 15:57:28:

Since the city is cracking down on bandit signs here, would any ‘Subject To’ gurus give feedback on buying Vans as giant “We Buy Houses” advertising? I’d set it in various places (near busy parking lots, intersections, nice homes entrances) throughout the week.

Any recommendation on what to say on the van? I think I’d want a “24 hour FREE recorded message” to screen out tire-kickers and send them to a message like “The Friendly Investor” has to only have motivated callers call direct.

The van at $1500 OBO seems to be a better bargain than a billboard on an extreemly busy/local hwy at $7500/mo. Since it’s my money, any feedback on whether I should I do the billboard too?

David G.

Look here… - Posted by DB

Posted by DB on July 11, 2002 at 08:29:32:

I stumbled onto this website a few months ago. This might give you an idea about your van.

www.bsihomebuyers.com

dave

That’s how Truly Nolan made his millions. - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on July 09, 2002 at 18:45:53:

Exterminator Truly Nolan had a unique method of advertising. He owned hundreds of antique cars with his name and number painted on them. He put them on garage lots around the country. Garage owners let him park them on their lots because they drew trade.

This was his main advertising for many years.

At one point some town or other tried to stop him but he pointed out that all the cars were his, all were licensed and if they made him take off his ads they had to make all the trucks and company cars do the same. They backed down.

So yes it would be legal, if parked at a garage parking lot or storage lot with permission. If you put tags and insurance on it you can put it anywhere you can legally park.