"Subject to" question...AGAIN... - Posted by Fran

Posted by JohnB-NJ on April 26, 2000 at 24:49:16:

William,

I agree, Bronchicks materials are really good but I wouldn’t discount Gatten’s PACTrust. I have looked into his system and it seems too look pretty good. I will know more when I order Gatten’s book.

Hope you are doing well, William.

-John

“Subject to” question…AGAIN… - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on April 25, 2000 at 22:17:47:

What material on “subject to” do you all suggest?? Bronchick, Gatten?? I just dunno…

I got 2 calls on my ad that semm to fit this criteria perfectly, and I’m not certain what I’m doing in this area…

Any help would be appreciated…

Smiling politely,
Fran

Can you believe… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 26, 2000 at 13:25:36:

Ieven have a RE broker who knows how to do them! Or at least, she knows how to do them her way. And they have an atty who works with them on their deals.

Hallelujia!
Seek and ye shall find.

Carol

Re: “Subject to” question…AGAIN… - Posted by GregNorman

Posted by GregNorman on April 26, 2000 at 11:54:17:

Fran,

I also have Bronchick’s material and highly recommend it. I just wrapped up my first one and I can tell you what it took to finally get this thing through: Buy the courses and then call every lawyer in your town. Being an attorney is just like any other business and they are swamped. I found just about all of them didn’t want to mess with this creative stuff (why take the risk when you have a ton of ‘normal’, ‘non-risky’ business… at least that seems to be the way they are portraying it). Keep in mind… you only need one.

I made another mistake about a year ago. I had a ‘subject to’ home lined up and called some of the creative attorneys in the area… one of which on the phone said ‘Sure we can do that.’ We get to closing and he whips out this ‘contract for deed’ w/ a ‘performance deed’. ‘Hold on chief… that’s not what I faxed you,’ I said. He replied ‘This is the way we do it.’ I didn’t like the details of the way ‘he did it’ so I didn’t do the deal as a ‘subject to’. Moral of the story: Just make sure you meet the guy face to face and he’s comfortable with YOUR paperwork. The attorney I found uses just about the exact paperwork that Bill has in his course. As a matter of fact… he didn’t charge me for the extra paperwork involved WRT the trust b/c I gave him a disk of the paperwork. Closing costs were LOWER than I normally see them come in at.

Good luck.

GregNorman

Re: “Subject to” question…AGAIN… - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on April 25, 2000 at 22:44:52:

Fran,

Get Bronchick’s “Cash Cow” course and his “Land Trust” course. With these, you should be able to do “subject to” deals quite easily.

Good Luck!

WilliamGA