Submitting to Search Engines - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by LHoffman on April 16, 2000 at 18:34:09:

Hey Terry,

I will send you the info via email…

-LHoffman

Submitting to Search Engines - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on April 15, 2000 at 09:05:29:

I am looking for a cheap way to submit my web site to search engines so that when you ask for ?house buyers? or whatever it would pull up my site. Anyone have a best practice or cheap way to go. Or if you have a submit site, one that gets you the hits to your site that you have been happy with?

Thanks in advance
Terry

Successful Resolutions Inc (Same as the web site)
.com

Not quite done with it as of yet but welcome suggestions or feedback or ideas
PS
Wasn?t there someone who took an email list at the Atlanta conference and was going to send them out to those of us who went? I probably wrote my name and address to where you couldn?t read it but would still love to have it.

Re: Submitting to Search Engines - Posted by lhoffman

Posted by lhoffman on April 16, 2000 at 07:39:18:

One of the biggest things you can do is to create a crawler list. Then submit this crawler list to the search engines. This will index all of your web pages…

When ever I create a web page for my clients. I always create a crawler list… I did this as a test for my web page. It comes up within the top 10.

-LHoffman

Why? are you buying nationwide? - Posted by David@iBuyHousesCash.com

Posted by David@iBuyHousesCash.com on April 15, 2000 at 22:20:15:

unless you are buying nationwide or selling products, why would you need to be registered with search engines?

If you are looking for your local market to vist the site, why not consider using small classified ads and include your web address.

David S

Thanks to All!! - Posted by terry (Dallas)

Posted by terry (Dallas) on April 15, 2000 at 14:31:31:

Thanks A lot
Terry

Re: Submitting to Search Engines - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on April 15, 2000 at 12:13:10:

www.submitit.com will submit to up to 400 engines fro you for $59/year.

www.easysubmit.com will submit to 3000 engines for $9.95/month.

Re: Submitting to Search Engines - Posted by JohnH

Posted by JohnH on April 15, 2000 at 10:02:09:

Check out the the information under submission tips at this site http://www.searchenginewatch.com/

They cover the requirements for submitting your site to the major search engines as well as offer design tips to get better placement with the search engines. There is an awful lot of free information.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

Re: For Yahoo: - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 15, 2000 at 09:46:24:

Crawler List??? - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on April 16, 2000 at 09:11:08:

At the risk of appearing unedumacated… What is a Crawler List???
Sounds what I am looking for. Any help on that would be great. Also any other thoughts to submitting to search engines?
I do searches on the net quite often and it is amazing that with all of the websites out there that most smaller businesses do not do a good job of advertising this avenue of marketing. When you get only two or three sites coming up on a search for what we do there seems to be an area of opportunity.
Thanks in advance
Terry

Re: Why? are you buying nationwide? - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on April 15, 2000 at 22:42:22:

Actually I am doing some of the above that you list. There are parameters that you can provide to have a hit just for your area. If you conduct a search for “we buy houses” you get 1 person in Florida (in my search anyway)
Seems to me this might be an open area.
Thank you for your input and I do like your site by the way.
Terry