Success Magazine....Nat't Home Buyer. Question - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Re: Success Magazine…Nat’t Home Buyer. Question - Posted by Derek NC

Posted by Derek NC on April 12, 1999 at 19:42:26:

Not the Derek In NC :slight_smile:

DEREK!!! READ THIS - Posted by Dave B

Posted by Dave B on April 12, 1999 at 01:01:20:

DEREK!!!
Step right up brother. contact me at the above address, and I’ll show you my deal Nationwide didnt fund. :slight_smile: I posted it before, I spose you missed it.
On that deal. I made about 33K in 3 months. I am actually glad that Nationwide turned out bunk, as it forced me to be more creative, using ideas learned here on CREONLINE… My cost of money went from roughly 60% (had NWRED actually funded it) to about 15%. I love the company for turning me down. Also, if I show you this deal, I wonder if you could help me out.
I’m on a personal mission to get my refund from this FINE reputable company. I’m SURE that they are so reputable, as to give my money back for the sole reason as I simply tried a deal with them, and found a better source of funds. A real company should do that… dont you agree? Help me out FRIEND… lets see if you can pull a REAL user here to a PRO nationwide stance. Not that I’d recommend using funding that costs 60% of the profit, but at least I’d recommend it to people with NO other means of funding. Hell, it might make them use their noggins like I did, and find a better way.

SERIOUSLY…
awaiting your response…

Dave B
Fast_lane5@hotmail.com

It’s PHONY!!! - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on April 11, 1999 at 17:35:48:

I tried to send Derek an e-mail, clarifying my position to him. I got the following reply (my other post left some of it out):

----- Transcript of session follows -----
… while talking to gateway4.att.net.:
>>> RCPT To: schmod@att.net
550 Invalid recipient: schmod@att.net
550 schmod@att.net … User unknown

It’s phony - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on April 11, 1999 at 17:22:39:

I just tried to send 'Derek’an e-mail. This is what I got back (If even AT&T can’t find him …):

----- Transcript of session follows -----
… while talking to gateway4.att.net.:
>>> RCPT To:

550 … User unknown

Re: Success Magazine…Nat’t Home Buyer. Question - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on April 11, 1999 at 15:41:40:

Thanks Scott(OR).
I will take your advice into consideration. I hope your get a quick response to your refund request. Again, I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my post.

Good investing!

Sincerely,
JohnB_NJ

Re: Success Magazine…Nat’t Home Buyer. Stop the Madness! - Posted by Jerry

Posted by Jerry on April 14, 1999 at 12:48:39:

I suppose the other 4 checked out, right John Boy!!

You seem to be getting awfully upset on a company that you were never involved with.

All of this talk of conspiracies and excuses are clearly getting you upset. Focus on your business; no need to be a spokesman for the anti-Nationwide group when you are not involved with them.

Let the FACTS and not your OPINION back up Nationwide. Please call the Attorney General’s office and Chamber of Commerce to check Nationwide out. Or are they conspiring with Nationwide too?

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by Vickie

Posted by Vickie on April 12, 1999 at 15:44:53:

Scott:

I appreciate the apology you sent me the other day. I know the rigors of starting a career can make us lash out. Even though you may feel Nationwide is not a benefit for you, I’m glad you were able to see the benefit to many individuals.

Again, good luck in building your career

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by Vickie

Posted by Vickie on April 11, 1999 at 14:08:10:

Seems that I posted the 6 deals I did with Nationwide and suddenly John Boy is awfully quiet.

Why don’t you post the addresses of all the deals you have done? Probably will be followed by silence.

Also, stop attacking and back up your opinions with facts. I believe James asked you to respond if you have been directly involved with Nationwide. Again - no answer.

You sure spend a lot of time giving your opinions for other people on a company you have not been involved with.

Hostility=frustration

Dave B … don’t hold your breath waiting for the refund - Posted by Mar

Posted by Mar on April 13, 1999 at 24:07:10:

The Better Business Bureau of Central Florida, 1011 Wymore Road, Suite 204, Winter Park, Florida 32789. Office Number (407) 621-3300, has a file on Home Buyers of America (affiliated with Success Magazine), which is located at 1200 West State Road, 434 Suite 120, Longwood, Florida 32750. Home Buyers of America’s office number is (407) 331-1272.

According to the BBB report, “Other trade names used by the company are, First Resources, Fortune Financial System, Real Estate Link, and Home Buyers of America. Customer Experience Recorded: The Bureau has received consumer complaints alleging dissatisfaction with the product and requesting a refund of monies paid. The company responds to all the complaints offering an explanation of their position and/or offering refunds when warranted. However, the customer was not always satisfied with the company’s response or the company failed to honor a previous written promise of adjustment, therefore, some of the complaints remain unresolved in the file. Government Action: On February 25, 1998, the Kentucky Attorney General filed a restraining order against the firm, doing business as Home Buyers of America …”

Also, the Attorney General-Florida is investigating (and compiling a lengthy file against Home Buyers of America). They can be contacted at (407) 245-0833.

Re: Success Magazine…Nat’t Home Buyer. Stop the Madness! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 14, 1999 at 14:01:02:

Would there be any point talking about any other references?? So far everyone has provided hasn’t checked out. What’s the point in wasting more time with you people??

You people said to check with the BBB. I did…they didn’t check out…they were expelled. You people claimed to have never had one complaint…an obvious lie…you have several on going complaints right now that you refuse to respond to. One of your people offered a few addresses that don’t check out…and another that is an incomplete address that no one will furnish the rest of that information. You people claiming to be from Nationwide have made numerous posts using phony names and e-mail addresses. One even stooped as low as to pretend to be someone else that claimed to have checked with the general attorney and got a good report on Nationwide…when in fact that person was the same person posting under the name Jan in the original thread that got started by Nationwide. Vickie has been posting lies thanking people for their apology that they responded back to stating they never did no such thing.

You say you your not looking to trash anyone…but yet you keep trashing LeGrand over his prices and any complaints he may have outstanding with the BBB.

The numerous posts made by others and myself have all been in response to the false claims posted by Nationwide. You say you are happy with them and that they are a legitimate company that responds to all problems…yet every time one of their customers respond to them here they’re not being responded too.

As far as what both organizations are offering goes…that’s entirely two different programs. It’s my understanding that LeGrand offers to teach you how to do something…Nationwide offers to FUND THE MONEY on your deals…but so far not ONE customer has come forward to say they have without being able to back it up. According to Nationwides customers, they won’t give any proof that they will fund their deals nor do they provide any references with their customers that they supposedly did fund deals with in the past…nor do they offer any proof to anyone responding to them here at this site. WHY??? The only logical explanation I can come up with based on all the responses here and all the complaints by their own customers is that they don’t fund any deals with their customers.

I haven’t seen any complaints posted here regarding LeGrands boot camps. I’ve seen some posts in the past that were asking about them and if anyone has ever gone to one, but no complaints.

If Nationwide responds to the BBB, General Attorney, etc., regarding complaints, then they can get away with staying in business longer. That has already been answered here in other posts. Don’t mess with refunds and you’ll get away with scamming people longer. Which so far appears that the ONLY way a customer of Nationwide gets a refund is by filing a complaint to the BBB or general attorney. Then Nationwide will follow up on the complaint to keep a good rating. Common sense will tell anyone that the number of people that will go through all the trouble of actually filing a complaint with the BBB or general attorney Vs. the people that will just blow it off as a lesson learned equals big profits for a company selling a program they have no intentions on delivering the goods they promise.

If you read the posts that have been made in response to Nationwide, you will find a few of them that are unhappy customers demanding their money back. Nationwide refuses to respond. That represents more than any newspaper article clipping, wouldn’t you agree?? If a customer complains to a newspaper, they will check with the BBB and attorney general. As long as Nationwide responds to the handful of complaints that actually get filed against them, then you probably wouldn’t see a newspaper article get printed. Just because a company knows how to play the game with the BBB and the attorney general when it comes to complaints doesn’t mean they’re not scamming people. What’s small percentage of refunds to people that go through all the trouble of filing a complaint Vs. the hundreds that never bother?? Can we say, “Big Profits”??

I agree with you on one thing though, and that is “Lets Use FACTS, Not Opinions”

My facts are based on not having one single reference from Nationwide. All the unhappy customers that have posted demanding a refund and still won’t get a response from Nationwide regarding getting one. All the posts made by customers that have said every time they presented a deal to Nationwide that exceeded their buying criteria, Nationwide wouldn’t fund it…so they just blew off the $500 they spent as a lesson learned. All the lame excuses that keep getting posted from Nationwide as their defense to all the questions asked regarding seeing any proof that they do actually fund deals like they say they do. Even the BBB says to get proof from a company that is trying to sell you something BEFORE you buy into it. Nationwide’s only defense and reference is to call the BBB and attorney generals office, but at the same time they refuse to provide any documentation that the BBB highly recommends a consumer get BEFORE they buy into it! What’s wrong with this picture?? The facts are, everyone posting here from Nationwide has been posting under mutable phony names, using phony e-mails and giving lame excuses for not showing any proof that Nationwide does in fact fund the deals for their customers like they promise in their sales pitch to buy into their program.

Oh, one of Nationwides people said you can get the proof if you visit their office in Fort Meyers, Fl. Yeah, right! They sell these programs all across the country and anyone interested in seeing any documentation on any deals they actually funded for a customer has to fly across the country first to see it! How conveniently lame that excuse is! LOL

So when you go back and read all the posts that have been made regarding Nationwide from their unhappy customers, false references, phony names, phony e-mails, and lame excuses one after the other, it is my OPINION, that only a moron would buy into this scam!

So I agree with you about facts Vs. opinions. Where are the FACTS from Nationwide?? Where is the PROOF that Nationwide does in FACT fund their customers deals??? YOUR the company selling something. NOT buying something. The one SELLING something is the one that needs to show the PROOF! NOT the customer buying into the program!

Do you know how lame your excuses sound? “Ah, we don’t have to show any proof. You show us the proof we’re not scamming people. Show us a newspaper article that says anything bad about us.” PLEASE! You got that backwards, don’t you think? YOUR the one selling something. YOU show the PROOF that what YOUR selling is legitimate! Where are the FACTS???

DUMBSTAMPED? - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 13, 1999 at 18:41:28:

Okay, so what medications did you say you’re on again? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on April 13, 1999 at 24:38:47:

Vickie-Sherm…et al,
Please make no mistake-you don’t deserve, nor did I make an apology to you. Where did you get that? I don’t see the benefits of NationWide, or ANY company for that matter, that conducts business like they do. I will never advocate the tactics of businesses preying on folks and building false expectations.
The premise by which NationWide garners its people has no holding power, and that is evidenced time and time again by its members’ posts. Everytime a NationWide advocate posts with a BOGUS e-mail address, initiates and propogates slanderous and personal attacks on credible people(i.e. John Behle), and provides NO credible evidence to the contrary, it only re-enforces what appears to me to be a forgone conclusion- NationWide should be considered to be a poor investment.

Good day

Scott “The Real E-mail Deal”

DUMBSTAMPED? - Posted by Vickie

Posted by Vickie on April 13, 1999 at 18:35:26:

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on April 13, 1999 at 24:55:30:

Vickie,
I will not demand an answer like so many on this site have decided to do lately but I will ask a simple question, hopefully you can find the time to respond. I know that you must be very busy with all of your other responses and I can understand that you may not have the time for this simple little question.

Why did you not respond to my last post?

SCook85

P.S. If you can find the time I would like for you to enlighten me with an answer to my last question. You could very easily put all of this to rest with proof to back up you claims. Just think Vickie, all of this and you with one simple post could make all the naysayers apologize to you, wouldn’t that be great?

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by Hey Vickie, Sherm. whoever you are!!!

Posted by Hey Vickie, Sherm. whoever you are!!! on April 11, 1999 at 22:24:26:

I did … I posted a deal nationwide refused. I am successful. I gave my Email if you wanted details. In fact, Thats all the information you asked for, so wheres what I’m askin for? A refund? I agree with ScottE Ya’ll need to put a cork in it. Your “defense” of Nationwide wouldnt win a high school debate. I’m thinking of reporting you to the Department of Redundancy Department!
GIMME my money back, or put a cork in it! LOL

SINCERELY

DaveB

Vickie, or Sherm, or whatever your name is today… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on April 11, 1999 at 19:34:06:

First of all, you and James must have gone to the same psychoanalytical-babble tactics class they must teach at NationWide. Where did you ever get that hostility=frustration (business, I assume you mean)?
No, I haven’t signed up for NationWide. Happy? But I was stupid enough to buy McCorkle’s course many years ago and must say, the similarities between McCorkle and NationWide are strong.
Besides, what makes you think I, or anyone else needs to buy into ANY program to formulate an opinion? I don’t need to join a Branch Davidian-type group to know that I don’t want to be involved with crap like that.
Get my point?
And since I didn’t see your alleged posts of your 6 deals WITH NationWide, why don’t you e-mail me and I’ll check them out myself.

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by Vicki-Va

Posted by Vicki-Va on April 11, 1999 at 16:42:57:

Clarification: Previous message wasn’t posted by me.

Re: John, do you see a pattern here? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 11, 1999 at 15:16:20:

Your the one who suddenly got quiet honey! You never answered the last response. Here is a again:

If a local office does cover Fort Meyers then you might want to contact the CBBB because they’re still showing no BBB in that area, at least not one that is authorized to use the BBB logol and their torch symbol.

What city is the Orange County property in?

Heres what shows up on the property at 9906 Anzac Ave:

Sold in Oct. 96 for $50,000

Sold in Dec. 98 for $51,000

If thats what meets Nationwides buying criteria then I can’t understand why people presenting deals at 40% of FMV would be getting rejected as not meeting their criteria?? Can you?

The last 2 responses of ours disappeared from the board. But your response to this one was:

No, I can’t.

I don’t understand your question what your asking.

My response to that was:

Why can’t you disclose the the name of the city the Orange County property is in??

The question was. If nationwide would put up the money on a house that sold in Oct. 96 for $50k, and sold again in Dec. of 98 for only $51k, then why in the world wouldn’t they put up the money on a house valued at $100k after fix up cost, that could have been purchased for $40k, with repairs of $10k needed, leaving a profit of $50k to be made?? That’s 50% LTV of fixed up value! A deal like that they say doesn’t meet their buying criteria. But they funded the money on a deal with you for a $1k profit???

You said you didn’t understand my question. Do you understand it now?

By the way, I noticed you failed to respond to another post made to you in the previous thread about another investor that mentioned 2 of nationswide’s customers that couldn’t get funded either, which he ended up doing the deals with them himself. You didn’t respond when challenged! Are we getting quiet now?

Re: Vickie, or Sherm, or whatever your name is today… - Posted by Vickie

Posted by Vickie on April 11, 1999 at 21:21:01:

Charles Givens, McCorkle, and Home Buyers offer $1000+ boot camps. Should I compare them to LeGrand, Sheets, etc? According to your philosophy, I should!!!

The 6 deals were posted yesterday in response to John Boy Walton’s request. Haven’t heard from him lately!!

BBB of Central Florida - Posted by Mar

Posted by Mar on April 12, 1999 at 23:48:02:

The Better Business Bureau of Central Florida, 1011 Wymore Road, Suite 204, Winter Park, Florida 32789. Office Number (407) 621-3300, has a file on Home Buyers of America, which is located at 1200 West State Road, 434 Suite 120, Longwood, Florida 32750. Home Buyers of America’s office number is (407) 331-1272.

According to the BBB report, “Other trade names used by the company are, First Resources, Fortune Financial System, Real Estate Link, and Home Buyers of America. Customer Experience Recorded: The Bureau has received consumer complaints alleging dissatisfaction with the product and requesting a refund of monies paid. The company responds to all the complaints offering an explanation of their position and/or offering refunds when warranted. However, the customer was not always satisfied with the company’s response or the company failed to honor a previous written promise of adjustment, therefore, some of the complaints remain unresolved in the file. Government Action: On February 25, 1998, the Kentucky Attorney General filed a restraining order against the firm, doing business as Home Buyers of America …”

Also, the Attorney General-Florida is investigating (and compiling a lengthy file against Home Buyers of America). They can be contacted at (407) 245-0833.

Spend your money (wisely) with JP’s and Terry’s course offerings.