Success Story - Posted by Nancy

Posted by youngsterz on October 21, 2003 at 02:17:01:

Nancy,

I would suggest that you hit up the local investors in your area to hear their success stories. There are plenty of successes, and every investor I know is happy to tell you war stories, with tremendous detail on what worked and what didn’t. The fact of the matter is that a substantial majority of players are too busy doing the deals to spend much time browsing the web sites like this, which as you have noted, tend to lean towards questions from newbies. Not a bad thing at all, it’s just that your average experienced investor isn’t hanging out here.

There are plenty of “mentors” out there. Go where they are and ask them.

This game does work! I’ve built a $3million portfolio with a half million in equity in about 7 years, and most of that has come in the last two years when I got serious about it and quit my job to do it full time. I can only dream as to where I’ll be in 5 years. It’s exciting to ponder.

Good luck!

Success Story - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on October 12, 2003 at 09:06:25:

I’ve been reading these message boards for a while now, and I notice that a lot of us have questions and only questions. Is there anyone out there with a finanancing success story that we could hold on to for encouragement? I have read every single success story on the Success Stories tab in this website, but there are very few new ones published. Does this mean the success rate is low?Since I started reading this website about a year ago - which I love by the way - I have seen only about 10 new success stories coming up. So please share, share, share… even if it’s something small.

Thanks all, & good luck with your RE ventures