Success with Tyler G Hicks? - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on February 13, 2000 at 16:14:47:

“Having the seller take out an equity loan on the property before the sale. You give the seller a written agreement to repay the equity loan, which the seller uses as YOUR down payment of the property. Your agreement will include a “reverse-flip” clause in which you agree that all payments you made on the equity loan will revert to the seller in the event you default on the payment of the equity loan.”

I’ve been following CREonline since about Thanksgiving and have consumed several other books also. I’ve probably seen that method before, but when I read Mr. Hick’s book, it jumped out at me. As I was reading Mr. Hick’s book, I too felt he was strongly pushing his other merchandise. I respect your advice Chris, since I see you give timely and worthy tips on this site. Thanks for your input and angels on your body:)

Success with Tyler G Hicks? - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on February 12, 2000 at 12:35:36:

Has anybody worked with Tyler G. Hicks? I’m currently reading his book “How to Make Big Money in Real Estate” and encountered one idea that I hadn’t seen before (or at least I didn’t recognize it) that I think will definitely improve my chances of buying property with no money down.

Thanks for your input. Angels on your body:)

Hicks is horrible. - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 13, 2000 at 07:57:04:

Go to any decent bookstore and look at the real estate section. You will see many titles by many authors. All (except for maybe Wade Cook) are better than Hicks. His stuff is junk.

He reveals little information in comparison to others. He talks about himself and plugs his services incessantly, and his info is far from cutting edge. Don’t waste your time with him. Read some of the great stuff available out there for the same price.

If you want suggestions on titles, do an archive search and look at the book titles recommended thru time. Folks have recommended a lot of great titles thru the years.

Cheers,

HR

Re: Success with Tyler G Hicks? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 12, 2000 at 23:01:04:

What was the one idea?

-Chris

Here are two excellent books to start with… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 13, 2000 at 20:03:30:

1. Real Estate Investing, 2nd Edition by McLean and Eldred; $15.
  2. 5 magic paths to making a fortune in real estate by Lumley; $15. (The five paths are wholesale flips, rehabs, lease options, buy and hold single family residences, multifamily and commercial deals.)

Both will provide you FAR more bang for you time and $ buck than Hicks ever has.

Good luck!

HR