Suggestions Wanted on my FSBO Ad..... - Posted by Dan

Posted by Soapymac on October 26, 1998 at 19:55:43:

but to change it a little bit more…

1. Is there a way you can think of to remove the address but still describe the general area? Does the neighborhood have a “village” name? Seattle, for instance, has its Madison Park… New York City has its upper east side…Los Angeles has its Malibu. See what I mean?

2. “Walking distance to ferry” instead of “Close to ferry”…as long as that is true.

3. Can the “large sunny lot” and “territorial views” be combined into something like “glorious sunrises” or “spectacular sunsets”.

4. Get rid of the “3 BR 1 BA” and “close to schools and shopping.” As long as local law permits, say something like:

“For $117,900 you know there’s got to be more…and you’re right. But you’ll never learn about them or the financing arrangements that could move you in here unless you call (number) between (time1) and (time2).”

Think it through. You are on the right track. See if your daily newspaper has a guide for writing real estate ads that sell. I know that the Boston Globe (my neck of the woods) does. Free, too.

Cordially,

Soapymac

Suggestions Wanted on my FSBO Ad… - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on October 26, 1998 at 15:46:10:

This is a follow up to my previous posting, Im trying to write a ad for our home.
Here’s what we have come up with so far…feel free to ad,change,suggest ideas…

OWNER FLEXIBLE, 100% FINANCING on this Immaculate S. Whidbey home.3 BD 1 BA. Large garage with room for shop. Large sunny lot, Close to ferry. Territorial views. Close to schools and shopping. 2725 E Sun Vista Circle, Clinton. $117,900 (Phone Number)

Re: Suggestions Wanted on my FSBO Ad… - Posted by Jennifer(NH)

Posted by Jennifer(NH) on October 27, 1998 at 09:05:31:

Since the holidays are quickly coming up I would suggest putting two ads in the paper. One under House for Sale and one under Unfurnished Apartments.

The house for sale one would read, NO MONEY DOWN, Owner will help finance, spacious 3 BD 1BA S. Whidbey home, large yard, garage $117,900.

When people ask how you would help then you would ask them what kind of help do they need.

The unfurnished apartments one would read RENT TO OWN, Owner may help finance, spacious 3BD, 1BA S. Whidbey home, large yard, garage.

Using this strategy you could make up terms that would be similar to mortgage payments. You would then show the house under that pretense. If you get some interested parties ask if they’ve every been qualified because you would only want to do a rent to own with someone that eventually could get financing also maybe they could buy the house now instead of later with some help from you. Then get them prequalified and determine if maybe you could get them in some sort of financing program today.

Just my .02 cents.

Good Luck!
Jennifer

Re: Suggestions Wanted on my FSBO Ad… - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on October 27, 1998 at 09:01:04:

UP TO 100% FINANCING! Easy qualifing
98% approved. Several nice homes to
choose from. Call xxx-xxxx

When the phone rings off the hook you say this must be your lucky day because I have one left! This should spark some motivation with buyers because their mind is thinking if you only have one left they best hurry if they want to get a home with easy qualifing.

If you have a good loan broker that has lots of different loan programs to work with you should be able to get almost anyone financed depending on credit, down payment, and if your willing to offer seller carry backs.

Here’s what scares me . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on October 27, 1998 at 04:46:23:

Your ad conveys “top dollar wanted.” Say “immaculate” and I’m simply not calling. Too pretentious, I think. Makes me think you’d probably want a credit report too.

Ditto for “sunny lot” and “territorial views.” Those things have value I’m unwilling to pay extra for.

I’d call on “EASY OWNER FINANCING” every time though.

Joe