swimming pool and renting - Posted by kenny

Posted by Rich-CA on April 20, 2007 at 23:33:02:

The pool will kill your liability insurance. In addition to making sure the proper fencing requirements are met, if you want the pool maintained, you will end up doing it yourself or paying for repairs between tenants. You cannot expect tenants to take care of it and keeping things working. Most simply will use it on auto pilot then call (or not) when something goes wrong.

swimming pool and renting - Posted by kenny

Posted by kenny on April 20, 2007 at 16:03:56:

I own a property with a swimming pool. If I rent it out do I have to carry a special insurance if tenants move in. Do I have to maintain the pool every year for the tenants. Any landlords out there that may have a similar situation. HOw do you handle this situation? Nice property I don’t want anything to happen to it or anybody. Or can I just put clause in lease to make tenant responslbe for up keep and maintence and rersponsible for any neglegence on their part if anyone gets hurt(hope not I pray). Do I need to proptect myself through my home owners policy. Is that a special rider on my policy I need. If it is what is it called or is it something I need to be concerned about at all.