Syndication - Posted by james(CA)

Posted by Bob Smith on October 16, 2010 at 19:07:26:

This is an oddly aggressive response. I didn’t ask anybody for anything,
yet you’re accusing me of “luring investors with promises you’re unable to
fulfill”.

Syndication - Posted by james(CA)

Posted by james(CA) on September 09, 2010 at 13:01:09:

I am new to syndication technique for commercial RE(aparrtments, self-storage) and businesses. Is it easy to get into, challenges and reward?

Re: Syndication - Posted by Mike W

Posted by Mike W on September 23, 2010 at 23:37:24:

You are required to get a specific license (forgot the name, google it) to operate your own syndication firm.

Is it easy to get into? Hell no! You better have years of experience and a proven track record to even compete with the competition.

Re: Syndication - Posted by ari

Posted by ari on September 09, 2010 at 16:08:17:

I would stay away from it. You should always try to have 100% control of your money. Whenever you give your money to someone else, you lose control.

Re: Syndication - Posted by Colin Bochicchio

Posted by Colin Bochicchio on September 09, 2010 at 14:15:49:

James,
Do your research on syndication and Cummings a real estate broker has a good book in discussing syndication techniques I believe it is the Real Estate Financing Manual book just look up Cummings you should find it.
Good luck

Re: Syndication - Posted by Bob Smith

Posted by Bob Smith on September 19, 2010 at 19:08:42:

What if you’re looking to sponsor a syndication, not invest in one?

LFTIATWP - Posted by grenbrir

Posted by grenbrir on October 16, 2010 at 17:03:59:

That is, looking for trouble in all the wrong places :wink:

You keep on looking to do a syndication from right where you are and I’ll guarantee you’re going to be hearing from your state’s securities commission, probably a letter enclosing a “cease and desist” order.

Stop by your state’s securities commission and talk to them about your doing a syndication and you’ll learn what they’d want and what they DO NOT want…such as your luring other investors with promises to them that you’re unable to fulfill.

Our newspapers and TV are full of local “biggies” who’re now being scrutinized for exactly this, some of them having taken in millions from trusting investors.

So you can take one road or the other and see which one gets you to Glockamora and which goes to prison w/o passing go.