Take A Minute To Say "Thanks" - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by JohnE on December 16, 2000 at 24:13:22:

Q: How does Santa get into a wobbly box?

A: With 10% down payment and approved credit.

JohnE

Take A Minute To Say “Thanks” - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on December 15, 2000 at 11:36:15:

Hi Folks,

Tony (VA), posted an excellent article several days ago on how he gives a little Christmas party for the PM’s and some of other folks that he works with throughout the year. What a great idea. If you haven’t read his article, by all means, check it out. Tony’s message does an excellent job of pointing out that the MH business, like most any business, is really a PEOPLE business. Thanks Tony, for sharing your idea with us. And if I may, I’d like to expand on your idea.

Since this is indeed a people business, what better way to increase your business, and leave your competitors in the dust, than to do something a little special, a little different and totally unexpected. These are the little techniques that will separate you from the “average” player, and make you stand out above all the others. But how many of you are doing this?

I continually see numerous posts about how “it doesn’t work where I live”, “the PM’s won’t let me play in their park”, “prices are too high” and on, and on. If you’re having these problems, have you looked for the REAL answer as to why it isn’t working for you?

The PM is the most essential person to have on your side. But how many of you have made a serious effort to not only establish a good working relationship with that PM, but also to be a good friend? Are you focusing too much on what’s in it for you, rather than how you can help that PM with a problem they may be having? Are you doing anything different than the other players? If not, then that PM won’t have any more reason to go out of their way to work with you, than they will with the others. You’re just another face in the crowd and you’ll be treated the same.

Maybe you’re not at the point yet to have a party like Tony, but you should be doing something a little different, and a little special, to show your appreciation, something to cause that PM to place you a cut above your competitors. Dirk has posted several times how he picks up a box of donuts, stops by the PM’s office, and sits down and eats a couple with the PM. You think that won’t make a difference? But how many of you are using Dirk’s idea? I think we are all guilty of not showing the proper appreciation to the people who make our life easier. We take too much for granted.

This morning, I gave the folks that pick up my trash and garbage a Christmas gift. You should have seen the look on their faces when I handed them that wrapped gift. And I had to wonder how many of my neighbors, if any, did the same. Have you ever realized how important those people are, and showed your appreciation with a Christmas gift, or at least a kind word to let them know how much you appreciate them for making your life easier all year. Just think what your life would be like without them.

Or, how about that waitress that gives you good service all year? Do you show your appreciation with a little extra tip, inside a Christmas card? Ever wonder if that waitress could be a single parent trying to raise a couple of kids? Or, an elderly person who should be enjoying retirement, but has to keep working in order to buy medicine, or put groceries on the table?

And how about your mail carrier? Do you show your appreciation with a little gift? You can bet that mine always gets a nice Christmas gift. Where would we be without someone to deliver the checks?

As you go through this holiday season, I hope you will take a minute and remember the folks who make your life better, and more enjoyable throughout the year. A little gift, a kind deed, or a word of appreciation will do wonders for not only that person, but for you as well. Try it, I guarantee you will be richly rewarded.

Happy holidays,

Lonnie

Re: Take A Minute To Say “Thanks” - Posted by k Greene

Posted by k Greene on December 16, 2000 at 21:26:42:

The floor did have a soft spot !

Re: Take A Minute To Say “Thanks” - Posted by Chris-Ga.

Posted by Chris-Ga. on December 16, 2000 at 13:59:46:

I continue to learn by reading these post,as I did last week in reference to a little gift to the PM.Friday morning I had a fruit basket with a gift certificate attached to it sent over to two PM, that I have been talking to the past 2 months, since I completed lonnie’s books.Friday afternoon one of the PM’s called with a lead(phone #) to a lady who owns a vacant 2/2.Shes been paying lot rent on it for 4 months.I called her and we are scheduled to meet on monday to discuss a possible deal.And the other PM called;just to say thank you and said no other investors have every did anything like this for her.This is a wonderful IDEA, Thanks,Chris

Re: Take A Minute To Say “Thanks” - Posted by George_AZ

Posted by George_AZ on December 15, 2000 at 18:25:17:

Lonnie;
I have found that small gifts to tenants around Christmas time are really appreciated. A $4.00 pie from Sam’s Club bakery to an introverted single person may be one of the few positive human interaction experiences that individual had all year. It also lets the tenant know that a real human being may be lurking behind the landlord’s black cape and hat.

After basic survival needs are met, the most important thing for most people is positive acceptance and recognition from other people.

Thanks for the reminder.

Happy Holidays,

George_AZ

ps how does Santa get into a Wobbly Box?

Re: Take A Minute To Say “Thanks” - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on December 16, 2000 at 07:17:06:

Glad you asked,

“How much down…How much a month”

lonnie