Taking the plunge to fulltime. Wish me luck... - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by JohnB_NJ on April 02, 2000 at 24:40:46:

I have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for you to report about your “corporate freedom”.

I hope all went well and you have embarked on your full time RE/Notes investment career.

BTW, did you complete the few things I have here in my hand with your signature on it? (from the A&P seminar last month)

Keep in touch, Dan. I hope to see you in Park City.

Sincerely,

JohnB_NJ

Taking the plunge to fulltime. Wish me luck… - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 24, 2000 at 12:19:05:

guys! I know this has been posted hundreds of times since I have been here. It was also debated here a while back for Anon.

Well, its me this time. I have finally decided that I can not afford to keeping working in Corporate America. Its really a life of scarcity. I am done with it.

I have a meeting today or Monday with the president. I am laying down the line. Basically, we can do this nicely. Which means I require a raise and more time off while I train my replacement. Or we can do this not so nicely.
We will see what happens.

I have taken control of the things I can change and excited about the future.

Wish me luck guys!

Your friend in Oregon,

Dan Matejsek

Today’s the day. - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 27, 2000 at 13:04:12:

Thanks gang for all the encouragement.

Today’s the day unless he flakes out on me. First day back in the states for three weeks.

I’ll keep you all informed.

Your friend,

Dan Matejsek

Congratulations Dan! - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 25, 2000 at 24:12:47:

Ok, let’s get busy. I look forward to working with you. Call me after your meeting and let’s put the plan in action.

Re: Taking the plunge to fulltime. Wish me luck… - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on March 24, 2000 at 16:43:36:

That’s a tough decision to make and I greatly admire your courage to make it. With all the sincerity I can muster, Dan, I wish you every success in this endeavor and feel very confident that you will achieve that. Let’s stay in touch. May you be happy & well.

Good going both of you! - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 24, 2000 at 14:43:00:

Dan, I remember your encouragements to me when it was my turn … now, let me offer up the same to you… talk to you soon.
love ya,
Carol

You can do it! - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on March 24, 2000 at 12:38:37:

I gave notice right after getting back from the convention. They have been trying to get me to stay ever since!