Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Shaun

Posted by Jack on January 22, 2001 at 15:04:41:

Jeff. Some states do sell tax certificates over the counter and some at auction. Florida sells at auction once a year. What state are you in? They may be on raw land, lots or land with improvements (houses)That is one reason why it is important to research them, to be sure of what you may be getting. Tax DEEDs are usually sold to the highest bidder after 2 to 3 years, either, as requested by the holder, or the taxing authority. Who is Trudeau?

Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Shaun

Posted by Shaun on January 19, 2001 at 06:39:33:

Just heard Ted Thomas’ presentation on Tax Liens and Tax Certificates. It seems to be essentially the same as John Beck’s. However, as is often the case, he didn’t tell all the story. He offers seminars at court houses also and says he and his associates will fund your purchase of certificates. He also says some may be purchased by mail. Does anyone know the difference between the two, or had experience with either? Any recomendations or questions?

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on January 23, 2001 at 06:30:43:

Now I am begining to understand why John Beck would not follow up and support his original information, even though I paid all that money for a actual hands on seminar. He is evidently now in the infomercial Guru business. During the traveling seminar I attended, he commented that he was thinking of doing an infomercial as that is where the money is. I commented that all those I had seen were quite controversial and some of the infomercial Gurus had talked their way into considerable problems. However I would hope he would still grandfather and support his old supporters, as originally indicated. How about it John??

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on January 19, 2001 at 08:00:51:

Not really an answer to your question, but I wanted to add this for all who might read this. I am new to this and saw Beck’s course on TV for $40. I thought, why not, I should be able to learn something for this. After receiving the course I received a call the very next night from “an associate” of John Beck. He was my personal advisor and just wanted to help me get started. He asked several questions relating to my financial conditions and being that I am in sales I played along to see where this was going. All they were doing was building a profile to sell me more stuff. The caller was literally a kid. Furthermore, he told me that the TV course would only give you the “what” of the info and if you wanted the “how” you needed to pay for a personal John Beck coach to put all of this in perspective so the info actually means anything.

Now, I’m not naive enough to believe that things like this do not happen. It was only $40, but like all of you, I work hard for my money. I’ve only had the course for just a couple of days and will spend the weekend going over it. There may well be info in the course that could be beneficial. But, if anyone else has gone through what I just did, please let us know, especially if you paid for other services. I would be curious to know what you got and if it were really necessary.

Thanks.

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 23, 2001 at 24:59:53:

Hi,

I also got the famous call. I can tell you that the tapes and the information is good, but still you have to do a little homework.

I don’t think you need to pay $5,000 for the mentor program. I think you can learn at your own pace.

You have enough info in the package to start your business

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Mike Aemisegger

Posted by Mike Aemisegger on January 21, 2001 at 19:35:40:

I would really like to know what you find out too. And where did you order it for $40 and is there an 800 number

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Rick Seges (GA)

Posted by Rick Seges (GA) on January 26, 2001 at 21:20:08:

This was discussed on the Mastermind Forum. They gave
800-959-9009 as the number. Don’t know much more than this.

Re: Tax Cert-Beck/Thomas - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on January 22, 2001 at 08:24:45:

Hi Mike,

I ordered the course about five weeks ago and just recently received it. I found it on TV early one morning before work and Kevin Trudeau was on with John Beck with a special TV offer. I am sorry to say that I do not have the number anymore. I tried getting on to various links and could not find it for the $40, whether it was John Beck’s site or Trudeau’s. But, for what it is worth, what I got is not exactly what you get for the $299 offer on his site. I didn’t get 8 audio tapes, I only got 4; and I didn’t get the “Success Stories” book or the video tape. But, for what I did get, it is mostly procedures and laws of varying states as to how to find out about county tax sales (when they occur), and he does give some pretty good info about determining how to best use your time if several auctions are occuring during the same day (which auction to go to). I think it’s pretty good info to get started. I have started getting info about when the sales are to occur in my state and in a few states that I live close to. Some states I read will sell tax liens over the counter if not sold at auction. So I am looking to see where I can find those as well. I am assuming that those are vacant lots, but I don’t know. I will certainly post whatever happens in the future!

Have a good one!