Posted by Bill H on October 08, 2003 at 13:15:38:
Been doing them for several years now. Your bet best for answers to all you questions is to do a search on all the boards you frequent. Search the archives for “Tax Sales” and you will turn up lots of info.
- Each state is different.
- Some states give you the deed.
- Some states give you a lien.
- Some states give you a certificate.
- In ALL states there is a RISK Factor involved.
- There are tax sales and tax resales.
- Redemption periods vary from short to long.
If you chose to enter the tax arena…invest for the interest and penalties and NOT in the hopes of hitting the home run you see on late night TV.
Do not believe the late night TV Infomercials. You got about as good a chance of hitting the Florida Lottery as you have of getting a house for taxes.
After your search of the archives…if you still have questions…repost and someone will assist you.