Tax Deeds? - Posted by Christie Arnett-FL

Posted by Jesus in cali on March 04, 2002 at 14:07:34:

Hey!Richie,my name is Jesus, I saw your message to another person on tax deeds back in late Feb.I was more interested in what you said about flipping contracts.If you could send me more info on how your doing it,any other techniques,etc… or how to get started I would greatly appreciate it. Ive been looking into investing realestate,but havent purchased anything yet or found a way to get started…thanx…Jesus in Cali

Tax Deeds? - Posted by Christie Arnett-FL

Posted by Christie Arnett-FL on February 17, 2002 at 15:51:03:

I have been reading Creonline.com for 2 years, yet I have not started investing due to the lack of knowledge of one method. I am a college student with a side job with little money and credit, so I am trying to figure the best approach to start investing right away - Purchasing tax deeds seems to be my best bet that requires little money. I have been tempted to buy John Beck’s course, but are there any other books on this topic that anyboby can suggest?
I would greatly appreciate any advice considering my situation.
Thank you,
Christie-FL

Re: Tax Deeds? - Posted by Richie

Posted by Richie on February 18, 2002 at 21:27:22:

Hi, Where in Florida are you located? I’m about an hour north of West Palm.

I’m a college student, as well, and I own the John Beck course. If you live close enough to me, I’ll lend it to you.

Personally, I find it to be very interesting information but DEFINATELY not something to get into with little money. It’s more of a way to increase your wealth, after you have gained some RE income. Unfortunately, we’re in the worst state for tax sales as well. That’s not too much of a problem, as the course explains how to purchase certificates from other states.

Right now, I’m in the process of flipping contracts. I’ve found it to be the easiest way to go, since there is VERY little cash outlay (if any). If you would like any insight on this, send me an email and I would be happy to help you.

Re: Tax Deeds? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on February 18, 2002 at 24:52:06:

Christie–(FL)-------------

For the price, John Beck’s “Free and Clear” is a great bargain. Florida has an interesting system, but it may be better for you to try some other state if you are starting with little money. His course has a description of how things work in every state.

There used to be a book just on tax lien investing in FL. Try calling Jimmie Napier in Chipley, FL, for the reference. I think he holds the publishing rights to that book.

Good Investing*Ron Starr

Re: Tax Deeds? - Posted by john mathis

Posted by john mathis on February 17, 2002 at 23:31:27:

Chris,
try www.investorsnet.com/taxliens/