tax forecloser and liens - Posted by Odeney

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 17, 2000 at 22:07:23:

this does sound like a judgment, as long as they were properly joined as a defendant their interest will be cut off by the foreclosure sale.

tax forecloser and liens - Posted by Odeney

Posted by Odeney on May 16, 2000 at 19:40:22:

Hi,

My local county is having a tax foreclosure auction in a few weeks. I found a few properties that could be a good deal, however there is one that i tried to find out if there are any liens on it, but came upon a little stump.
I need to know if a person has several properties in his/her name and a lien is placed against that individual, would the lien be against every property the individual has or the one that is specified on the warrant at the county clerks office? This has somewhat confused me while i was doing research on the property. There were several liens brought against the owner, however only two had specified the address of the property i was interested in and both were for taxes. The others had his current address listed. Please anyone who can help enlighten me. I am a newby and love the information this site has to offer.

Thank you very much, and great success to you.

yes and no… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 16, 2000 at 21:16:55:

mortgages and real estate tax liens go against a specific property, but

judgements, federal tax liens, state tax liens go against the individual and all the property that they own in that county and maybe other counties too.

Re: yes and no… - Posted by Odeney

Posted by Odeney on May 17, 2000 at 17:39:15:

I ahve another question. I am looking at a particular property i would like to purchase it in the forecloser auction, whoever the owner has a medical lien against him. It is registered with the county under his current address(not the one i want to buy). If i make the purchase can that medical lien affect my purchase and hinder my progress in flipping the property to an investor?
Are there any cautions? How can I protect my investment or how can i still make a deal out of this?

I would say yes… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 17, 2000 at 18:37:06:

but I’m not an attorney. usually medical leins are judgements that affect all property owned by that person, at least in Pa. other states may be different.