Tax Lein Certificates - Posted by Mark

Posted by Brad Crouch on March 11, 1999 at 11:41:55:

Mark,

Click on the catalog section at the top of the main page, on the left side. Then click on the top link (. . . pennies on the dollar . . .). You will find information available from one of the most experienced tax certificate investors in the country, John Beck.

If you look around a bit on this site, you may be saved the necessity of posting questions that have already been answered.

Brad

Tax Lein Certificates - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 11, 1999 at 10:08:59:

Does anyone out there know anything about investing in tax lein certificates? I know that it takes a while to make good money at this, but it seems to be no risk and an exceptional deal if you get the property.

Re: Tax Lein Certificates - Posted by Steve H.

Posted by Steve H. on March 11, 1999 at 18:00:27:

You can avoid the bidding process on property that has lapsed for 3 years. That’s the way it is in Tulsa. You can make some good buys. But all lien holders must be served. And many of the tax certificates you purchase will probably be redeemed by the lien holders.
You can make a potful if you keep at. Of course you will want to view the property before purchasing the certificate. The property may be so damaged that its not worth it to you. My .02 worth.

Steve H.

Re: Tax Lein Certificates - Posted by Mike T.

Posted by Mike T. on March 11, 1999 at 13:05:29:

Mark,

John Beck is an excellent source to start with. His materials are available through this site. I might add that while tax lien investing can be an excellent investment, it is not risk free. Your tax lien position is secured by the underlying real estate, but you must perform your due diligence to ensure the real estate has reasonable value. Also, bidding can be competitive, reducing the yield on investment (either by bidding down the interest rate or % undivided interest in the property).

Mike