tax lien certificates - Posted by Dan

Posted by Ben on February 02, 2000 at 14:17:56:

I know very little about Florida but Roy at taxsales.com is an expert on numerous states. Try him.

tax lien certificates - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on February 01, 2000 at 15:43:04:

I have been interested in getting tax lien certificates. John Beck has the free and clear program. has anyone used this program? Are tax lien certificates as good as they sound? are you making any money this way?

TIA…Dan

Re: tax lien certificates - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on February 01, 2000 at 22:33:45:

I am an attorney and full-time tax lien investor. I have been doing this for four years and have found it to be very profitable with minimum risk if done right.
(I also save a fortune by doing my own foreclosure work.) I have achieved returns ranging from 8% to 2500%. Alot depends on your state and your goals (do you want to own distressed property or are you in it for the interest?) Check out “The 16% Solution” by Moskowitz, also taxsales.com, investorsnet.com and ax.com. Good Luck!

Re: tax lien certificates - Posted by George

Posted by George on February 02, 2000 at 14:53:05:

Hello Ben,

Are tax liens a good way to go for a “newbie” trying to start off in the foreclosure market? Is this how you started as an investor? Also,what type of corporate structure do you recommend, LLC, S corp, C corp etc?

Re: tax lien certificates - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Emmett-NC on February 02, 2000 at 07:22:18:

Ben,
What do you know about FL? I am going back there when I get out of the Army. I would like to buy improved properties and raw land for pennies on the dollar, and then either keep for cash flow or flip for cash. Any of your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Emmett-NC