tax lien certificates - Posted by Mike K

Posted by Walt_FL on December 30, 2000 at 18:44:48:

Ben,
Isn’t there an Attorney (Harry Frieland?) out of NEWARK THAT HAS A BoOK OR COURSE on Tax Lien Certicates and Tax Deeds especially for New Jersey?

Walt_FL

Ps He must’ve also been buying defaulted paper/Accounts as my wife was dealing with him on an old Bambergers account. Where in NJ are you located?

tax lien certificates - Posted by Mike K

Posted by Mike K on December 26, 2000 at 06:05:44:

I would appreciate hearing the experiences, both good and bad, of people buying tax lien certificates. Which states seem to be the best? Any responses greatly appreciated.

Re: tax lien certificates - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 27, 2000 at 23:24:11:

I did this for years when our RE market was bad, but when it turned good there were lots less to pick from and most got paid off within the first 1-3 months. Found it time consuming and not worth my while until our RE market turns bad again, and it takes years to get these paid off, so that I can make some money again.

Re: tax lien certificates - Posted by Ben(NJ)

Posted by Ben(NJ) on December 26, 2000 at 07:14:16:

I am now starting my sixth year in full-time tax lien investing. I have found it to be lucrative and challenging. Within the next month, I am scheduled to take title to two nice houses in good neighborhoods both with SUBSTANTIAL equity. This is the exception, however,not the rule. The vast majority of liens will be paid off with interest up to 18%. My investing is limited to NJ because, as an attorney, I can handle most of the legal work inexpensively and efficiently.
I would recommend “The 16% Solution” by Moskowitz. Also
check out taxsales.com and investorsnet.com.