Tax liens-Florida - Posted by Peter

Posted by Rob FL on April 22, 2000 at 10:06:42:

These liens are sold by your county tax collector’s office. And this is the right time to ask because the tax certificate sales occur in late May/early June. If South Florida is anything like Central Florida, there is a ton (and I mean a ton) of competition out there. Buy for the interest rate not to acquire the property. Best wishes.

Tax liens-Florida - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on April 22, 2000 at 07:24:46:

Does any one out there invest in tax liens? What is a good resource to learn about this vehicle of investment? Also, I am confused as to where you acquire them. I live in South Florida. Who do I talk to? As you can tell, I need help. I want to hear about people’s experiences with tax liens. Please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks,
Peter

Go about half-way down the page and read those posts, also - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on April 22, 2000 at 10:46:09:

I agree with Rob on one point, from what I hear Florida is probably the most competitive place, most of the huge institutional buyers are headquartered
in Florida. However, they are all looking for the interest NOT the property, if you happened to be looking to own very distressed, abandoned properties and/or vacant land at pennies on the dollar you would probably have little or no competition. I would focus on this niche rather than going head to head with the big boys. However, if you plan on taking title to property your due diligence must be very thorough.