tax liens in North Carolina ? - Posted by Gregg Stevenson

Posted by Ron(SC) on November 15, 2000 at 09:12:40:

You’ve got a lot to learn to get up to speed on tax liens.Contact the assessor or treasurer’s office in the county to find out about this property. If taxes haven’t been paid since 1996, the property may have already sold at the tax sale. If I recall correctly, NC has some different “upset” bidding laws which really make the process different from other states. Someone at the county offices above can help you understand how the processs works in your area

Additionally, check out taxliens.com. You can buy a course there just on NC tax liens for very little.

Good Luck,
Ron

tax liens in North Carolina ? - Posted by Gregg Stevenson

Posted by Gregg Stevenson on November 14, 2000 at 20:19:51:

I found a burnt house in a very nice area that caught on fire in 1997. The taxes haven’t been paid since 1996. I’ve heard of how I could pay the taxes then I would hold a tax lien certificate (I think that is what it is called) on the property and after a certain amount of time if I’m not paid back by the owner that I could foreclose on the property. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this here in N.C., and if so what time period am I looking at?
Thanks for any help.