Tax Liens/John Beck-Anybody? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Ben on February 08, 2000 at 13:54:24:

Mark, scroll through some of the posts below because
some of these questions have recently been answered. I know Roy Stubblefield personally and he is a great guy with some great strategies that has helped hundreds of people. His materials are worth 20 times what he is selling them for. Roy and I have totally different goals in this business, I am in tax liens for an interest play, he is in it for property ownership. Both are viable ways to go but there is much less competition if you want to own property. Have you read Moskowitz’s “The 16% Solution”? This is your first place to start. I hear John Beck’s stuff is good but have not persobnally used it.

Tax Liens/John Beck-Anybody? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on February 08, 2000 at 13:25:26:

Hey guys, I’ve been reading quite a bit about acquiring land and property through tax sales. My question is, do any of you do this, and is John Beck’s course the best info available on the subject, I was at www.taxsales.com, and this guy Roy, I don’t know his last name, but he sounds pretty knowledgeable on the topic, and his info is only 40 bucks vs. $200+, any info would be appreciated. I’m looking to acquire some large plots of land for development into farmland, commercial, or sale. I appreciate your answers, Thanks.

Re: Tax Liens/John Beck-Anybody? - Posted by Paul_NY

Posted by Paul_NY on February 08, 2000 at 23:32:15:

I’ve been buying tax sale deeds in a rural area of northern NY and find it profitable. At this point, the tax certificates do not interest me, unless I know I can get ownership within a reasonable period of time.

I haven’t purchased any of the books mentioned on this post, so I can’t make a recommendation.

Stick with tax sale deeds to aquire land and have immediate possession.

Re: Tax Liens/John Beck-Anybody? - Posted by vernon

Posted by vernon on February 08, 2000 at 21:25:11:

Mark,
I have also read Roy’s information for my state. I found it very informative and practical. Buy it and profit.

Vernon
http://realestateprofit.tripod.com(leave out www)

Re: Tax Liens/John Beck-Anybody? - Posted by David

Posted by David on February 08, 2000 at 20:02:41:

I was very disappointed in the “taxsales.com” stuff. about 85% was straight out of the law. About 5% was generic points of contact. About 5% was generic stuff that didn’t apply to that state, for example talking about tax leins in a state that doesn’t do leins. About 5% may have been useful but there were several factual error that I found. I ordered three states and
the common biolerplate existed between the “manuals” such that I found little benefit to ordering more than one. In my opinion this stuff is a waste.

Ob the other hand I have meet John Beck and found him to be a knowledgable, and experienced teacher. I have bought his stuff in the past and was pleased.
For what its worth.