tax sales turkeys - Posted by pappyjoshwe

Posted by Jeffrey on January 14, 2001 at 23:37:57:

For any number of reasons, some folks will walk away from some equity. Also, the tax sale can wipe out a mortgage where a seller would have to negotiate with the lender to do the same. Some just want to forget about it.

tax sales turkeys - Posted by pappyjoshwe

Posted by pappyjoshwe on January 13, 2001 at 16:54:44:

Howdy:
I have been attending the local county tax sales for a few months. Been doing a little research on the appraised values of the properties up for auctions. You know, this must be a needle in a haystack type of deal, as most of the properties that I have seen or either too small to be useful (for residential purposes) or the taxes owed are just a little less than what the property is appraised for. I am not being negative, just trying to be realistic about making a profit. Seems to me, unless you know for darn sure you can make a profit BEFOREHAND, then you might as well not waste your time, because you could get stuck with a turkey. Anybody had consistent success in this area, I would like to hear from you.
Best regards,
PappyJoshwe

Re: tax sales turkeys - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on January 13, 2001 at 17:16:55:

It depends on where you are. There are about 2,000 counties in the U.S. So you have got one done and 1,999 to go. Happy hunting.

Bear in mind that any property that goes to tax sale would sell before the sale if it was a real deal (most of the time).