taxes - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Dave T on July 12, 2005 at 22:48:46:

You have already cited your alternatives.

You can either use a 1031 exchange to defer capital gains on the investment half of the duples, or, pay the taxes.

Of course, you can always change your mind about selling and not pay any taxes.

taxes - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Carmen on July 10, 2005 at 23:32:43:

Hello Everyone,

I will be selling my duplex. I found out I have to pay taxes on 1/2 of it because I live in the other 1/2 plus taxes on the depreciation taken.

Are their any alternatives to this besides a 1031 exchange? I would appreciate any ideas you can give me.