"Tell lender its owner occupied" - Posted by anon

Re: “Tell lender its owner occupied” - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on April 17, 1999 at 15:55:16:

No.

Re: “Tell lender its owner occupied” - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on April 17, 1999 at 10:30:28:

Some loan officers and mortgage brokers could care less what you do…after all, it’s not them who checked the box on the application that said “owner-occupied”, and then signed the application certifying all the information. The problem is not what the loan officer believes or says, it’s what you sign.

On the 1003 here’s what you sign: "I/We certify that the information provided in this application is true and correct as of the date set forth opposite my/our signature(s) on this application and acknowledge my/our understanding that any intentional or negligent misrepresentation(s)of the information contained in this application may result in civil liability and/or ciminal penalties including, but not limited to, fine or imprisonment or both under the provisions of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001, et seq. and liability for monetary damages to the Lender, its agents, successors and assigns, insurers and any other person who may suffer any loss due to reliance upon any misrepresentation which I/we have made on this application.

JPiper