Tell Me About Ray's DealMaker's Guide - Posted by Kevin in OK

Posted by Bill Taylor on May 24, 2006 at 21:41:54:

I don’t hink this is a mass market item even if it was priced at $25 only because most people do not wnat to do the work involved to get into this particular part of the business. I think a lot of people that have money to get into this business lack the desire to have a working investment. I do beleive there are quite a few golks interested in the buiness but as you see on this board there is a limited amount of activity, not that there is not interest but that many don;t even think they could do this.

Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by Kevin in OK

Posted by Kevin in OK on May 18, 2006 at 18:21:47:

I would like some info about Ray’s Dealmaker’s Guide. I have read the intro section here on CREO, and if the balance of Ray’s material is as good as the inro, I’m certain it has great value. However, I’d like to hear from those of you who have purchased and devoured the guide. How have you benefited from the material? What could I expect from investing my money in this course?

Kevin Abbey

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by Vann

Posted by Vann on May 25, 2006 at 14:54:18:

Hello Kevin,
If you have read any of Ray’s comments on this board you will know a lot about the Guide – detailed, well written, to the point. Since I am new to commercial real estate I keep the Guide on my desk so I can refer to it easily when needed.
As I am sure you have found, it is very difficult to get people who are successful in commercial real estate to talk to you, little less spend time to tell you about the field. If they are successful their time is very valuable and they have many deals they are analyzing, visiting, closing, etc. Also, most investors don?t want to train their competition in their own market.

With the Dealmaker?s Guide you have a very successful commercial real estate investor “sit down” and tell you the truth about the business. How to get started, setting up your personal investment criteria, and developing a plan with the end in mind, etc. The book is like having a father who was successful in the business sit down and explain the things you need to know. Most of us, myself included, would not have that chance without Ray and this Guide. Besides, with this board you can always go back and ask Ray for clarification if you have trouble with something in the Guide or need help with a deal.

If you are serious about this business you will find this Guide extremely helpful. If you are just searching for an easy way to make money I can?t honestly say that commercial real estate is the way. It takes work to be successful like everything else. Read some of the postings on this board and you will see what I mean, but if you are just getting into the business, are serious about making money, and you are willing to work at it, this Guide will save you a lot of timem, money, mistakes and headaches. The price of Ray’s Dealmaker’s Guide is cheap compared to making mistakes ? everything is more expensive in commercial, even mistakes. Why learn the hard way? Ray has been in the commercial real estate business, his father was in the business, and he knows and talks to many people in the business daily. IMHO being able to tap into that knowledge through the Guide is a great opportunity.

Hope this helps,

Vann

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by InNJ

Posted by InNJ on May 22, 2006 at 20:58:22:

How old is this guide. When was the last time it was updated.

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by Bill Tayllor

Posted by Bill Tayllor on May 19, 2006 at 10:28:46:

I being a rookie with commercial needed some step by step information so I could feel comfortable doing deals in the marketplace without old pros kicking the sense into me the hard way. I did not want to come to the board for all the information but wanted to be able to draw on something like Ray’s material to give me some additional knowledge of the business. I don’t know of any other information out there that will provide you more down to earth and hands on information like Ray’s material. Once you have read through the material then come to the board and you will better be able to understand the terminolgys talked about here.

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by Kevin in OK

Posted by Kevin in OK on May 25, 2006 at 18:45:13:

Thanks Vann. Your comments were very helpful.

Kevin

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on May 25, 2006 at 11:46:47:

It was published in April, 2005.

ray

Re: Tell Me About Ray’s DealMaker’s Guide - Posted by Kevin Abbey

Posted by Kevin Abbey on May 22, 2006 at 18:17:40:

Thanks Bill. I appreciate your thoughts.

Maybe it should be in Barnes and Noble - Posted by MikeW

Posted by MikeW on May 19, 2006 at 14:01:35:

He should find a publisher and get it distributed.

Re: Maybe it should be in Barnes and Noble - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on May 24, 2006 at 12:14:19:

I doubt it would ever get published.
All the book courses sold here are priced rather high (par $500 and above) and will never get published by a distributor at that price.

“Gurus” need to make their money somehow.