tenants truck ends up in bedroom - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne_ND on March 10, 2002 at 10:36:11:

Actually, the rocket scientist wasn’t braking at all, he was trying to get his truck though a 5-foot snow drift and was ‘rocking’ the truck (rather than go out and use his snow shovel for 10 minutes). He hit the gas thinking he was going to shoot backward through the drift, but instead he was in gear and shot forward through the window.

My question for him was: why were you parked on the lawn in front of the house instead of on the perfectly-good driveway? He wanted to avoid parking on the street because of the blizzard that was going on at the time (hence, the drift), but that still doesn’t explain why he didn’t use the driveway.

yeesh.

tenants truck ends up in bedroom - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on March 10, 2002 at 24:12:36:

This afternoon the tenant in our pristine 4-bedroom townhouse drove his truck through the master bedroom window, only narrowly avoiding killing his fiancee.

As we stood in the bedroom amid broken glass, shards of lumber, chunks of drywall and shreds of ‘Z-block’, he said to me “but I wasn’t driving that fast”.

Too funny.

Have a great weekend everyone…

Anne

Re: tenants truck ends up in bedroom - Posted by Doc

Posted by Doc on March 10, 2002 at 08:41:57:

Apparently the rocket scientist wasn’t braking even faster…

Sorry to hear about your tenant induced “opportunity to remodel”, been there…done…that…