Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on October 20, 1998 at 01:49:11:

Joe,

You lead a charmed life.

Brad

Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on October 16, 1998 at 04:11:56:

Terry,

Thought I’d let you know that a person with a 15" monitor (or less) gets to have a scroll bar at the bottom of the screens.

When a page is designed on a 17" or 21" monitor, it is easy to overlook the possibility that the majority of users have screens smaller, and end up with more scrolling activity than you might intend.

By the way, I have Internet Explorer version 2.0, and the same problem persists where, after reading a post, I am returned to the top of the page instead of being left off at the point I was at before reading the post.

I’ll get version 4.01 of the internet explorer tomorrow, anf give it a try. Just too late to deal with a two hour download tonight.

Brad

Re: Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by Tom Brown

Posted by Tom Brown on October 16, 1998 at 09:03:13:

Brad,

I have a 15" monitor and don’t have that problem.
If you have the capability to adjust both your Display Area and your Desktop size separately, try making them the same size. It might help.

Re: Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on October 20, 1998 at 01:44:26:

Tom,

Thanks! I tried that but it makes the text smaller and more difficult to read. Guess I’ll just have to put up with it.

Thanks again,

Brad

Refresh problem - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on October 16, 1998 at 10:00:51:

I’m having that refresh problem also, didn’t do that
before. When I come back after reading a post it reloads every time. Also, it just seems to load slower.

Any suggestions?

David Alexander

Re: Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by JSteff

Posted by JSteff on October 23, 1998 at 20:54:55:

if you are using win95 or 98 you can right click on the desktop, select properties, select settings. There is a box to adjust the font size

same problem . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on October 17, 1998 at 24:01:15:

Just cleared the disk cache and allowed the page to reload completely. Works perfectly now.

Joe

Re: Refresh problem - Posted by Tom Brown

Posted by Tom Brown on October 16, 1998 at 13:33:24:

If you are using Internet Explorer try this:

Under the view menu click on internet options.
A box will open up with several tabbed sections (IE4 has 6)
Select the General Tab
Click on the Settings button under Temporary Internet Files
A box will open up with Three options under the heading
CHECK FOR NEWER VERSIONS OF STORED PAGES…
Select EVERY TIME YOU START INTERNET EXPLORER

This will change your cache file settings and should work. I think your browser is refreshing every time you go to the page which is the first option of the three I mentioned above.

If you are using another browser, there should be something similar that you can adjust.

Re: Terry Vaughan - Monitor size - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on October 23, 1998 at 23:35:24:

JSteff,

I am running Windows NT 4.0 (server version) and this is not available for me. It may be available some other way, but haven’t found it yet (still looking).

Thanks for trying to help!

Brad