Texas Foreclosures - Posted by Cyndi Ortiz

Posted by Rich-CA on July 02, 2007 at 13:31:28:

I’m in a mid sized CA County (pop over 1 million) and we’re not online. I’ll be Bexar County (where my TX investments are located) is online, and they’re just a little larger than we are. Its not always the size, sometimes its the priorities of the local government as well. We can’t even get scanned images of recorded documents on the web here, but I can in San Antonio and Phoenix. Our metro area has over 6.5 million people in it, so its not just size.

Texas Foreclosures - Posted by Cyndi Ortiz

Posted by Cyndi Ortiz on June 28, 2007 at 15:32:53:

I have a question regarding Texas foreclosure information. I just moved to Lubbock, Texas from Nevada which has about a six month process in which after the home owner is 2 months late a Notice of Default is filed. Four months after that if the loan is not caught up or paid off, the home is sold at auction.

In Texas it appears the process is much faster. I’m not finding any lists with preforeclosures. Does anyone know of a provider for that information or is there anything even filed with the courts, or do I need to head to the county clerk’s office or…??? Any suggestions?

Also, I’m noticing most of the data bases that provide comparable information, such as Yahoo, are indicating they do not have information on recently sold homes in Lubbock. Again, is it a Lubbock thing or does anyone know why that might be?
Thanks!!

Re: Texas Foreclosures - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 28, 2007 at 22:57:50:

Post this on the main board and I’ll answer it fully there for you… In Texas foreclosures happen in 21 days… and there are no NOD’s filed…

Re: Texas Foreclosures - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 01, 2007 at 21:34:23:

Not all counties have online systems accessible to the public. You may need to go to the recorder’s office to get this info. Are you looking at pre NOD only, or actual foreclosure auctions, or REOs?

Re: Texas Foreclosures - Posted by Cyndi Ortiz

Posted by Cyndi Ortiz on July 02, 2007 at 13:05:27:

We were looking for NOD’s. I thought Lubbock County may not be online as its a smaller county.