Texas Homestead (check this out) - Posted by johnman

Posted by Kristin on January 08, 1999 at 17:16:30:

Bud,
I’m glad you brought that up.
In addition, if I’m not mistaken, the information itself is wrong. It is my understanding that a judgment placed on a property during the time that the homeowner is in residence can be removed, as it is invalid. The owner doesn’t even have to file for homestead exemption, as long as he is able to prove that the judgment was placed while he lived in the property. Even if he moves out later, the judgement can be wiped, because the time it was filed is what determines the validity.
I have been told that this loophole is not well known, and many judgement holders are paid anyway, because very few people know how to obtain the release.
I just got a list of cases from my attorney that apply to this ruling, and it looks like we’re going to be able to use the info to remove a judgement from a property we bought at auction recently.
Kristin

Texas Homestead (check this out) - Posted by johnman

Posted by johnman on January 07, 1999 at 22:05:25:

Just some info I thought you folks would like to check out.

Johnman

Re: Texas Homestead (check this out) - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on January 08, 1999 at 12:26:39:

I hope you don’t have any interest in this company. The article is very suspect to not only be advertising but outright wrong. First the Texas lesgislature is not in session so is it a law that was passed in the last session. Sounds like it is time investigate!