Texas market slow???How to move this Real Estate - Posted by John

Posted by Mike-OH on September 20, 2005 at 17:13:21:

nt

Texas market slow???How to move this Real Estate - Posted by John

Posted by John on September 20, 2005 at 12:15:42:

I did buy a nice house with 41 acres in Texas 4 months ago, I am trying to sell it for 80% to 85% appraised value and I can’t move. What is happening with the market in Texas, Why it doesn’t move, not even offers. Any Ideas, should I bring the price down, wait, auction it. I am in Florida, I guess I am spoiled with the hot Real Estate we are experiencing here in Florida. Please give some ideas how to move this.
I have never been in Texas myself. Will owner financing will help, I don’t like the idea of renting or hold paper that far.

Thanks in advance for your support.

John

Re: Texas market slow??? - Posted by Brad (CA)

Posted by Brad (CA) on September 25, 2005 at 13:04:33:

Well, I would bet there are fewer people who want that much acreage. And with that much land, it probably isn’t in a highly dense area. So, the demand may be pretty low for that type of property. or, at least the # of Buyers are limited. Also, depends on the area. You need to know the local market, call relators in the area, management companies, etc, to find out what and where people are buying, if anything. And see what they suggest to do to sell your property.

While price is a big factor in selling, in my experience, most of the people who sell real estate are Realtors. Offer bigger incentives to the Buyer’s Realtors. I don’t know how it works there, but where I am (SoCal), typical commission is 2.5%. If I wanted to sell something fast, I would offer 3% and/or a bonus, to sell by a certain date.

Wait for Rita - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 22, 2005 at 06:56:49:

Who knows what Rita will do in Texas. Hopefully, it won’t do too uch damage. BUT IF…then you may have a lot of evacuees buy in other parts of Texas.

With Katherine prices in Baton Rouge doubled.

Michaela

Re: Texas market slow.move this Real Estate - Posted by Steve Mfalls Tx

Posted by Steve Mfalls Tx on September 20, 2005 at 14:33:01:

Where in Tx is it located? Also if you dont mind me asking.Whats the price?..
Steve

Re: Texas market slow???How to move this - Posted by Steve Mfalls Tx

Posted by Steve Mfalls Tx on September 20, 2005 at 14:29:42:

Where in Tx is it located?? And whats the asking price?. That could help you with answering your question.

Texas market slow?How to move this Real Estate - Posted by Mike-OH

Posted by Mike-OH on September 20, 2005 at 14:19:33:

Here’s the obvious question - why would you buy a property in another state sight unseen? That seems crazy to me!

How do you sell it? That’s easy - lower the price! Selling a property is always a function of price. If you lower the price, someone WILL buy it. I’ll bid one dollar just to get you started.

Good Luck,

Mike

Re: Texas market slow?How to move this Real Estate - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on September 20, 2005 at 15:07:51:

WOW! That’s CHEAP! Only one dollar? I know it’s sight unseen, but surely you can do better than one measly dollar!

I bid Five Dollars!