texas tax liens - Posted by pappyjoshwe

Posted by Ben (NJ) on March 11, 2000 at 12:43:04:

nt

texas tax liens - Posted by pappyjoshwe

Posted by pappyjoshwe on March 11, 2000 at 09:35:02:

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding tax liens here in Texas. I have even attended a couple of courthouse auctions in my area. What I don’t know is if this is a good way for a newbie to break into real estate. Personally, I kind of like it, doing the research and all. But, it seems to me that the real key is truly determining the property’s value. I work full time and have don’t have interest in being a landlord. Sorry to ramble, I am just attempting to see if others have any advice.
Thanks,
Pappy
Austin

Re: texas tax liens - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 12, 2000 at 20:31:07:

When I was doing tax sales we would take the list and immediately go to the appraisal office. There we would get the tax value, if it were homesteaded and maybe some deed recording info. Now that most districts are online it is easier. Unless the tax due was under 40% of taxable value we didn’t bother to drive by. We did do the deed research ourselves looking for tax or other liens.

Most of the properties are low end and in need of rehab. Rarely do they have mortgages. The problem is that you may end up owning. That is good and bad. If it is repairable it makes a good income stream after the 6 mo right of redemption.