Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by Terry and JP Vaughan

Posted by phil fernandez on March 02, 2000 at 19:16:30:

Bill,

Darn right we do. I missed not seeing David at the convention. But he won’t get away with it next year.

Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by Terry and JP Vaughan

Posted by Terry and JP Vaughan on March 01, 2000 at 13:08:39:

Now that we’re back to the “real world” and Terry has become coherent again, we want to tell you how we feel about the Convention.

Our Convention was a giant success because of YOU.

This site has somehow evolved into a community where like-minded people share their ideas and insights, their successes and failures-all directed toward helping each other to succeed in life. The sharing that goes on here day in and day out spilled over full-force into the convention. And that may be the understatement of the year.

Although hundreds of people shook our hands and thanked us for the convention, we want to thank YOU. It was YOUR willingness to participate, share and openly give of yourselves made that transformed the convention into a magical experience and, for many, a life-changing event.

Who could resist shouldering in to listen to the masterful wisdom of Jim Piper as he held countless mini-seminars in the “smoking lounge”? Or Steve Cook’s humble but generous sharing of information and advice? Or the countless discussions going on at almost anytime of the day or night by those who unselfishly shared their experience and advice with everyone around them? The words THANK YOU just don’t seem adequate.

The information we gather by becoming part of such an open, unselfish dialog has far reaching results. Who cannot be moved by the heartfelt communication of father and son as they grow together as a result of having spent time not only together, but with 450 new friends.

We agree with Ray Alcorn when he says investing can be a lonely business. When we find the courage to drop our masks and honestly expose our thoughts and beliefs to people, like the ones we met in Atlanta, and open our hearts and minds to the many possibilities brought to light by taking such a risk, we learn not only how to survive and succeed in this world, we also learn we don’t have to be lonely any more.

To everyone who attended, this convention is YOUR success.

Warm Regards,

Terry and JP Vaughan

Worth the 30 hour trip! See you next year! (nt) - Posted by Lisa and Phil in Oz

Posted by Lisa and Phil in Oz on March 02, 2000 at 12:36:16:

nt

What can I say!! - Posted by Ken.K(IL)

Posted by Ken.K(IL) on March 02, 2000 at 09:51:27:

…that hasn’t already been said, as I was seating myself for the 1st breakfast on Fri.who sticks out his hand to introduce himself but Steve Cook, man I thought I had everything under control…started taking deep breaths(ya know Lamaz(s)style), but he soon put myself & the others at ease…what a Pro.! Life just continued to get better, as meeting,'like-minded’people now became the ‘challenge’.Thanks,from the bottom of my heart, Steve & all who shared with me in Atlanta.
Ken.K(IL)

No, Thank You!! - Posted by Ricky Gibson(La)

Posted by Ricky Gibson(La) on March 01, 2000 at 23:19:32:

I consider it a true blessing to have been able to attend this years convention, my first. It was almost unbelievable to see so many people from all walks of life come together with common goals, to learn and to teach. For this I am eternally grateful.

I would to especially like to thank Jim(IL), Brandi, Dirk, and David Alexander who all welcomed me with open arms as if we had known one another all our lives. Especially Saturday night after the Round Table Discussions we retired to the lounge were we had drinks and talked Real Estate until we were evicted. We then proceeded to the only other place open in the hotel, the lobby, where we talked and laughed about life in general until about four am. I couldn’t ask for more sharing, caring, and down to earth people.

Also a special thanks to Jason(MD), Randy Smith and Dan O’leary(El Paso) who I bonded with immediately. We talked plans, goals, and strategies daily. I’ll never forget you guys.

Life changing is an understatement. I look forward to seeing you all at the next convention, and all the ones to follow. God Bless.

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by SteveC(Shooter)

Posted by SteveC(Shooter) on March 01, 2000 at 23:04:41:

I finally got the pleasure of meeting J.P. and Terry in person. The convention was a true adrenaline rush the whole weekend and I loved every minute of it. I got to put faces with the names in the chatroom and talk to them without having to type :slight_smile:

I was so wound up about getting busy with my REI that I had to leave early Sunday and go make some deals. I actually bagged two deals before it got dark on Sunday night.

Thanks again you guys for having the guts to turn your idea of this website into a reality. You don’t realize how many lives you have affected.

I look forward to Ed and Terry’s workshop in St. Louis and of course, next year’s convention.

Don’t slow down Dan, I’m on your tail for that blue vase award.

Steve Case

Crossroads and 2 wonderful years! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 01, 2000 at 22:46:00:

JP and Terry,
Back in January of 1998 I was fortunate enough to have stumbled across your website. My life has not been the same since.

I remember the countless hours of reading “How-To articles”, “Success Stories”, the newsgroup, and asking questions that others were so generous to answer. I truly wanted to succeed but was going nowhere. Then one day a man named Phil (that is Fernandez for those of you wondering) posted that I should get off of my butt and do something with all of my knowledge. He wasn’t the only one but coming from him stung. I knew I had to do it.

I was at a crossroads and had to choose a path, to continue living the way I was unhappily, or to make a change. I took all the information that the two of you made so readily available to me, along with the support of all those who participated and nudged me along as I fumbled through my first deal. Once I got a taste, I couldn’t imagine ever doing anything else. Through your site, you provided the impetus that I needed to make a change in my life, and what a change it has been.

I am dedicated to what I do and intend to give back what I have received many times over. I’m passionate about it and loved the experience of seeing people who were in my shoes only one year ago. It is amazing out how fast things can change. I look forward to witnessing how you will change the lives of others, much like you have changed mine.

I thank you for the two wonderful years that you have provided me with, the two wonderful conventions and the wonderful friends that you have introduced me to.

God Bless the two of you! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Steve Cook

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by Mike O

Posted by Mike O on March 01, 2000 at 21:40:56:

Hey,
As I told Terry, what a $+*&?":> blast. I have never seen such open, honest sharing of ideas and stories. I think I heard someone say that this is the biggest Real Estate Investing club in the USA. Party on!!

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge with me.

Mike O

to those I missed this year… - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on March 01, 2000 at 21:05:36:

It pains me to say that I had to miss this years convention due to other commitments. I’ve been on the Commitee for the “National Wild Turkey Foundation” for 10 yrs now, an organization I am sincerely involved with. Wildlife has it’s part in my life. Since a little boy growing up in south Georgia, huntin’, fishin’, and the preservation of such, have been one of my “true passions” in life. For that feeling, I can make no excuses. In short, this was the weekend for the Foundation’s yearly event, my attendance is required, not to mention that they buy all the firearms from my retail business. Ok, Piper’s thinking big bucks here…

Several years back, I stumbled onto this site while looking for who knows what. In just a few short weeks, I had met a completely new and differant family. A family I couldn’t see or touch, but a family that gave their time, energy, and tremendous effort to help myself and others have a common place to share creative ideas, knowledge, and a bit of humor. Anyone remember John Capriotti and “The Net Police”? what a laugh!

While attending the past conventions and workshops sponsored here, I’ve met hundreds of people from all walks of life and feel safe when I call many of them my friends. There’s just too many to list.

I would like to thank Ed and Terry for taking the time to give me a call during the few days leading up to the convention. This in itself makes me feel like part of the “family”. You guys are great!

Ok, I saved the best for last.

I first met JP at one of Lonnie’s workshops in VA some years back. I’ll never forget the look on her face when I took her to “Hooters” for lunch. BIG FUN would be an understatement… Can you spell (feminist). Over the next few days of getting to know JP, I realized that this site was her way of getting to know many, many people and a way to share knowledge and creativity on a national/global scale. For that, we should all be thankful. What a feat! What a treat!

Thanks to you all for your friendship and continued support!

David S

Great Convention!! - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Emmett-NC on March 01, 2000 at 20:33:09:

I want to thank you for putting on a class act of a convention. My mind is still recovering from all that stimulation. It was great to finally meet some of the great contributors to this site. One great thing I noticed as well, was that there were a lot of other established businessmen and women in other areas such as network marketing and other business. The CREOnline Convention was a great place for all business people to come together and share ideas. I am busy digging into the courses I bought, and oh by the way, filling one of my Lease Option homes with a Tenant/Buyer(P.S. Internet classifieds work GREAT!..i.e. yahoo, excite, etc) Thanks for the memories!!

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on March 01, 2000 at 20:14:29:

The giving and sharing that the people do at this convention is the most unselfish that I have ever seen. I have met people that I know will make a difference in my life and I hope that I can in theirs.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Creonline has changed my life for the better and forever.
Dee-Texas

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on March 01, 2000 at 19:54:25:

JP & Terry,

Words alone simply are bankrupt when it comes to expressing my heart felt thanks for your continued efforts in making this a community.

Simply stated, no matter what level of skill or experience, the convention only confirms the loving giving heart that JP and Terry Have.

Mark R in KCMO

I am getting the feelings and I did not even attend. (nt) - Posted by RobertR CO

Posted by RobertR CO on March 01, 2000 at 19:05:01:

NT

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by Robert McNeely

Posted by Robert McNeely on March 01, 2000 at 18:34:13:

I want to thank you for the great convention you gave all of us. I have been to all three and they just keep getting better. I met many new friends and shared time with some old ones. You both have made a real difference in my life! THANK YOU.

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 01, 2000 at 18:33:39:

JP & Terry:

Thanks for providing the FRAMEWORK for all of the wonders that you mention in your post to take place. Great seeing you again…and looking forward to the next time.

JPiper

Re: Thank You ALL for a Great Convention - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 01, 2000 at 17:44:26:

Thanks JP and Terry,

I hear ya both. Two instances stand out in my mind of the closeness that we all get when like minded people get together.

1./ When Terry Vaughn shock my hand on Sunday night. A normal handshake might consume three seconds. Terry shock my hand for a half a minute.

2./ At the airport, Jim Kennedy gave me a big bear hug.

We are establishing long lasting friendships through this site and at the conventions. There is a lot of respect amongst the folks here and it’s impressive.

Thanks to you and all who attended - Posted by Rosie_FL (formerly Rosie_CA)

Posted by Rosie_FL (formerly Rosie_CA) on March 01, 2000 at 16:31:05:

It’s with renewed commitment that I move forward to escalate my self-unemployed status. Thanks to all at the convention for their energy, ideas and Can-Do attitude which is contagious. At the convention I wished that I could maintain the mindset and emotional drive that derived from being immersed in such an environment, when I return home to the “real” world.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress too, as “I” intend to be next year’s Blue Vaser, Dan! ha ha ha!

Rosie_FL

Thank you for what you have done… - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 01, 2000 at 16:00:43:

for me and all those around me. The world is truly a better place because of the website and the conventions. Your generosity is spilling out into the world in a greatly magnified degree. Everything you give to us benefits our prosperity. Our prosperity in turn benefits the rest of the world.

I do not know where to start to thank you guys. You have changed my life.

My goal for the year is to become the blue-vaser for next year. Thank you for your part in it.

Sincerely,

Dan Matejsek

P.S. I will definitely keep you all posted of my progress.

Re: Crossroads and 2 wonderful years! - Posted by Tonya(Ohio)

Posted by Tonya(Ohio) on March 02, 2000 at 11:52:09:

I enjoyed your story on your journey up the ladder of success. i print out any advice you have displayed on this website. I truly hold you as an inspirer and motivator.

It is because of your willingness to share that I am able to now overcome what I call the deal killing fear factor and just jump in the water. I have printed out every article,success story and money making idea that has comeout. I have one course and over 25 real Estate Investing books on my shelfmany of which I carry with me on a daily basis. I have been in my own Creative Real Estate Investing University since 1996 when my now deceased Father toldme to go out and purchase a four unit building all the time he kneew i did not have the money to do that but he told me to use my head and get ahead.

Thankyou so much for taking your firsteps andshowing me i can do it too!

Much success hope to meet you nextyear at convention
Tonya

Re: to those I missed this year… - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on March 02, 2000 at 15:04:35:

For those who know David as only net space, you are really missing something. I had the chance to meet David at the Workshop Ed and Terry put on in Atlanta last year. He already had his program on easy street but was more than willing to help those of us searching. A group of folks that J.P. started to congregate years ago, more helpful than you could imagine. I have done this business for years and could not find this kind of help anywhere locally no matter how much I asked. The secrets of this business are here for all those willing to put the effort out to find it. David is someone like JPiper who does this for the chase and the money that comes with it are just a bonus. You will meet a lot of people with CRE but not too many much more fun to be around than David. And David next year tell those guys you will have to re-schedule that turkey thing around J.P.'s convention. We need guys like you there.