"Thank You!" gift to PM... - Posted by Fran

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on May 03, 2000 at 20:34:04:

Earl,
Great idea. I was going to suggest a set of salt an pepper shakers…ED

“Thank You!” gift to PM… - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on May 02, 2000 at 14:56:55:

I ran across a park that I had not done business in before.

The PM, after a little convincing, gave me free reign to buy and sell as I please (as long as the new buyers are approved, of course).

She was quite nice…and she went out of her way for me. What’s a nice way to thank a PM for a job well done, as well as letting her know that there’s always something in it for her personally if she continues to look out for my interests…

Any thoughts…

Fran

Re: “Thank You!” gift to PM… - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on May 06, 2000 at 05:46:55:

It’s always helpful if you can show the park manager how they will benefit when you buy and sell homes in their park.

During your conversations with the park manager, you might allude to how impressed owners should be when a manager increases occupancy or keeps the park full.

Ask the manager if it wouldn’t be helpful if you could buy homes from residents who plan to move, leave the homes in the park and bring in new homeowners. Offer to fix the homes up when they need it, making the park look better. Why take a chance on the owner moving the home or selling to someone else who will move it?

If this isn’t enough to gain the manager’s cooperation, offer to pay them a small referral fee ($100 to $200) on each home you sell. Ask them to call you any time they know of a resident who is having difficulty paying their rent or otherwise might be inclined to sell.

The manager can also be helpful in showing the home for you–or keeping a key that can be given to prospective buyers–so that you don’t have to make a lot of trips to the park.

PM’s are people, too… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on May 03, 2000 at 07:56:00:

and it never hurts to say “thank you” in a way they won’t soon forget. An example is in order:

Before I became involved in REI, I had a friend who listed a home using an “average” RE agent. While he got offers, he thought that the offering price given was too low; he refused them.

It got to the point that the agent did not want to actively pursue the sale of his house, because my friend had the reputation in the office of “my way or the highway” when it came to offers. When a period of time went by and his listing agreement had expired, he went back to the original agent’s office, and signed an “open listing.”

Agent’s do not like these, normally, but my friend supplied a twist. He also called all the agent offices that had presented offers he had rejected, and told them all this:

“To the agent who brings me a firm offer — at my price — I will pay for a three day, two night ‘getaway’ at any of the following locations.” He then listed a number of resorts.

The end result? Within 72 hours, my friend had two offers before him — AT HIS PRICE AND TERMS. He selected one and then asked the agent involved why the offer came so quickly. The reply was something to the effect that the agent was not only getting a commission, he was being paid to go someplace and spend it!

If that works for RE agents, wouldn’t it also work for PM’s too?

Cordially,
Roy MacLean
“soapymac”

Re: “Thank You!” gift to PM… - Posted by Earl

Posted by Earl on May 02, 2000 at 19:20:56:

I gave a Park Manager a plant, with my business card in it, so she would not forget me. She wouldn’t take the $100, so I gave her the plant. I have bought two mhs in the park this year.

Re: “Thank You!” gift to PM… - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on May 02, 2000 at 15:08:22:

Yeah, I’ve got an idea. How about her job. I don’t want to sound rude, but part of her job is to have that park as full as it can be. You are already doing her a great favor by selling MH’s in her park. Thats what I love about REI, you can actually make it so everyone wins!!