Thanks Ed Garcia - Posted by Chicago Steve

Posted by Ed Garcia on October 31, 2000 at 17:44:09:

Hi Steve,

I think that’s an excellent question. Many Bankers are afraid to accept gratuities for the obvious reasons, and that is someone might misconstrue the banker customer relationship. Once you’ve spent some time with your banker, you’ll get past that.

An appropriate gift could be anything from a lunch, to ball game tickets. The key word is to be “discrete” as to how you do it.

Males, love a set of Cross pens and women appreciate flowers or candy. I’ve always tried to find out if they like sports or what is their interest. A good book on a subject that they’re interested in would be great.

Steve, I’m glad thing are going well for you, because you defiantly have the savvy. I’m also glad that you’ve gotten something from Terry’s and my workshop and if I can ever be of any help to you, I’m just a phone call away.

Ed Garcia

Thanks Ed Garcia - Posted by Chicago Steve

Posted by Chicago Steve on October 31, 2000 at 16:01:32:

Just closed my first deal with the “little neighborhood bank” and was wondering if it is appropriate or advisable to send some form of thank you gift to the VP of commercial lending who arranged my loan?

If so, what is appropriate, candy, flowers, a Ford Taurus (it wasn’t a very big loan… yet) a note or card?

Your input is appreciated.

Hope all is well!

Steve