Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by Alan sometobefromTX

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on November 30, 1998 at 10:26:50:

The subtitle is “What the Rich Teach their Children about Money that the Poor and Middle Class Don’t”. It explains financial independence, how to achieve it, and how to keep it from being taxed away. It’s a book for a person of either gender that would like to have money work for them, instead of working for money. It is quite simply a “must read”.

Stacy

Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by Alan sometobefromTX

Posted by Alan sometobefromTX on November 26, 1998 at 04:15:57:

I recently left a job were I produced hundreds of thousands of dollars for someone else. I have a job waiting for me in Texas in January. Making more money than I ever have before. But I still am not happy. I have had tons of time to search the web. I ordered and listened to C. Sheets, a good start.

As a newbie, still doubting if I can do this, looking for reasons not to try. I came across this news group and started reading. I have ordered Terry’s Cashing In, and Jonathan Richards How to Start A Profitable Note Business. Learning, learning, always learning, never doing.

One day a read of a book called Rich Dad Poor Dad, and bought it. I cannot put it down. Where was this book 15 years ago. This book has inspired me to take the chance. I know what I was meant to do with my life. I plan on getting Lonnie’s books and going after the Houston mobil home market.

I want to thank everyone here for inspiring me, enlighting me, and educating me. I am sure I will be coming here with question, and to learn more from everybodies else questions. Once I get settled in Houston, I am in Seattle now, I will let everyone know my progress. I hope to be able to attend to convention also. Thanks everyone.

I Liked Rich Dad Poor Dad So Well… - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on November 27, 1998 at 21:15:08:

that I bought 5 more copies! Guess what a lot of people around me are getting for Xmas?!

I find it particularly exciting to hand it to someone who has just turned 18, has zero debt and a decent job and living away from home for the first time and has zero credit as well.

My only regret is that I did not receive a book with this info in this fashion when I first left home…

raelynn

Re: Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by Yianni

Posted by Yianni on November 26, 1998 at 08:15:18:

Same here,
I didn’t go to work one day because of this awsome book. It’s Amazing! I saw myself in the “poor dad’s” mirror so many times.
I saw the “LIGHT”.
“RICH DAD” is my new DADDY. :slight_smile:
Good luck!! and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Yianni.

Re: Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by TWA

Posted by TWA on November 26, 1998 at 12:56:00:

Where can I purchase a copy of this book?

Re: Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by Alan P

Posted by Alan P on November 26, 1998 at 13:38:16:

I purchased Rich Dad Poor Dad at Barnes & Noble, but have seen it on Amazon.com as well for less money.

Re: Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on November 26, 1998 at 13:02:56:

Any major bookstore should have it under ‘Personal Finance’ section. It is by Kiyosaki.

Re: Thanks everyone for Rich Dad Poor Dad - Posted by Lisza

Posted by Lisza on November 30, 1998 at 08:17:21:

Is this book a guy thing or is it an anyone thing?