Thanks to all, who came to Saint Louis..... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by LIBCASSIN on May 04, 2000 at 14:44:09:

OK Ed:
Thanks a lot for the prompt phone call Ed and the in-depth information, wow, it seems that this would cost me more in payments than I would have in income.

I really like the idea of going directly to the seller, and I will take that advice

Great to have the guideance, and I agree it doesnt really work from a risk/reward perspective. You are too wise, you remind me of the very wise man in Stars War - Obi Wan Konobi!

Thanks to all, who came to Saint Louis… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on May 04, 2000 at 11:23:58:

Thanks to all, who came to Saint Louis??.

I can’t begin to thank those of you who came to Saint Louis.

To be honest with you, I haven’t even got a days rest. The night I got home within an hour of 7 p.m…
I received a call from David Vic; wanting to go over a deal he was having trouble with.

Yesterday, My workshop formally began. I talked with Sally Webster about a property she is buying
In Washington, where I’m doing the financing, and she also has a property in California she wants to
do a 1031 exchange on. Then came in a call from Jaydee Bredencamp ( what a nice guy) who is working
a 24 unit apartment building. I have calls I haven’t returned yet, because I just got back and haven’t had time to do my laundry, from Al Galarpe, Tony and Brenda Cerezo.

I started a DIARY that I keep on each workshop, and on every participant that goes to my workshops.

For those of you that have come to Saint Louis I take my hat off to you.
I know for you, Saint Louis wasn’t just a workshop, but a commitment. A commitment you’ve made to
yourself because you no longer accept the faith that was handed to you. But instead, have chosen to forge
a fate of your own.

I told you in my opening statement that, Terry’s and my job, was to take you out of your COMFORT ZONE, and make you think BIGGER. If Terry and I have done nothing else for you, I hope we’ve done at least that. I look forward to working with all of you and making you even more successful than you already are.

Thank you,

Ed Garcia

Re: Thanks to all, who came to Saint Louis… - Posted by Jose/TX

Posted by Jose/TX on May 04, 2000 at 21:24:08:

I had not been to a workshop as intense as your’s since Mark Haroldson’s back in the 80’s.

Ed and Terry, you guys are knowledgeable, experienced, sharing, caring and commited. No arrogant gurus here. Just very down to earth people wanting, willing and commited to help us succeed.

Congratulations on your great and successful workshop.

Jose

Re: Thanks to all, who came to Saint Louis… - Posted by Lib Cassin

Posted by Lib Cassin on May 04, 2000 at 14:06:57:

What a think bigger Marathon ! Great work Ed and Terry.

Now that I have been to your workshop I feel like I have earned my white belt and can ask intelligent questions.

I thought instead of just calling you, it might be helpful for others to learn as you help me - what do you think?

Fabuluous workshop, by the way, Ed , you are one of the most learned men I have ever met and Terry has enough vision and wisdom to inspire all of us to move in to the next paradigm of our success.

So, heres the deal;

Originally there were five duplexes for sale here, deferred maintenance, new roofs etc

FMV 125,000, as is; fixed up $140 - 145,000
Rents; Under market 545 - 675 (Market 750)
Asking $122,000
Needs approx 12,000 - 15,000 each in work,

I offered 112,500, they came back at 116,000 and have already sold one while I was out of town for $120,000. I have preapproved financing in place for 90% LTV 9.79%, Ed I know you had mentioned that you can do 100% I sure would be open to any potential avenues to work with you especially if you can see a way for me to make this deal work

I though I could do lease options on them, but do not know how to structure an ad or the offer and never having done a lease option am not sure if it would pencil out

Can anyone comment, or offer advice

I need to get back to them by tomorrow

Thanks a lot

Thanks to YOU! and Terry! - Posted by don, sdca

Posted by don, sdca on May 04, 2000 at 11:36:25:

Ed,

I know I and many of us appreciate the information that you shared and all of us are looking forward to working with the two of you!

You guys are GREAT - thanks for a great seminar!

don, sdca