thar's money in oklahoma - Posted by mike

Posted by ScottE on April 16, 1999 at 14:14:08:

Kevin,
If you are referring to Gov. Keating, I think your comment is inappropriate and uncalled for. I know Frank Keating and he is an intelligent and respectable man with an outstanding record.
Derogatory comments about Oklahoma’s public education system is nothing more than providing excuses for students that don’t want to learn or whose PARENTS don’t care about their kids. The idea that education must be ‘spoon fed’ to every child is a crock of crap. Children need to be taught by their RESPONSIBLE PARENTS to dig beyond what is taught in the classroom.

Respectfully,
Scott

thar’s money in oklahoma - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on April 15, 1999 at 21:14:16:

the great and generous state of oklahoma just bought a slum a couple blocks from the governor’s mansion, paying 185,000 each for properties worth less than 10,000. so if you have something to sell, contact the governor, he’s buying!!!

Re: thar’s money in oklahoma - Posted by AJ - Oklahoma

Posted by AJ - Oklahoma on April 16, 1999 at 12:14:18:

The state plans to build a museum in the area of these homes. I don’t believe we need the museum (I’d rather see the money spent on improving some of our roads and schools) and I think they paid a bit much for the property. However, many of these homes were owner occupied and the state was faced with either condemning the property and forcing the residents out or giving them a good price so that they would leave willingly. Since Oklahoma’s checkbook has one of the largest surpluses of any of the 50 states, I can say I’m pleased to see some residents get something back from the state. For the $15k plus I paid in state taxes last year I’d just as soon it go to the less fortunate than pay for a legislator’s boondoggle.

One of the few words our Oklahoma legislators learned to spell in the Oklahoma school systems was TAX. They use it widely and profitably.

AJ

Re: thar’s money in oklahoma - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on April 16, 1999 at 01:02:41:

What do you expect from a product of Oklahoma schools.

Kevin(OK)