The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Shawn Arsenault

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on March 26, 1999 at 13:31:15:

Hey! I spent 20 minutes at Knowx.com trying to find the CMA page. I thought I was just brain-dead, cause I couldn’t find it.

You owe me a beer at the next convention, Russ.

Stacy

PS. I guess I owe you a beer for pointing me to a new site to find owners. LOL

The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Shawn Arsenault

Posted by Shawn Arsenault on March 25, 1999 at 22:33:19:

I was wondering the best way to know what a house is worth. I would like to do some wholesaling deals, but need more knowledge on what the value of properties are. Carlton Sheets recomends going to 20 open houses. That seems reasonable enough. I was also thinking about working with an agent at first that would give me knowledge on retail and they would also have a good grasp on the value. I guess my question is are there any other ways that might be better or help in addition to these two I mentioned?
Thanks for the info!
Shawn

Re: The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 26, 1999 at 21:08:46:

Call your local county assessors office. Many assessors are online and the property info is free. In FL over 30 of the 67 counties are online and easily searchable for any property in the county.

Re: The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on March 26, 1999 at 24:48:49:

Shawn,
I got your e-mail and tried to send a response, but the e-mail address came back as not valid. Try again and I’ll gladly answer.
Jim

go to open houses per area - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on March 25, 1999 at 23:46:03:

Each sector of your market will have its own unique pricing structure and desirability. find the areas and select a few to be the EXPERT.
pat

Re: The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on March 25, 1999 at 23:22:48:

Shawn:
I think the best way to check property values, short of hiring an expensive appraisal, is to do a comparative sales analysis. A Realtor you are on good terms with should be willing to do this for you. They will pull comparative sales figures off the MLS. If a realtor won’t help you for free, you can do it yourself! Log onto knowx.com and pay them 10 bucks to pull the sales figures on 5 similer properties in the area. They will charge $1 for each additional property, but 5 is really all you need. I’ve used their service and it’s very comprehensive. Worth every penny.

Re: The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Shawn Arsenault

Posted by Shawn Arsenault on March 26, 1999 at 23:28:51:

I hope this email will work maybe I typed a letter wrong. Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. You have all come up with great ideas!! In response to people being nice by sharing a lot of info it’s true your all very generous, helpful, and knowledgable!
Again THANKS,
Shawn

OOPS! I goofed! - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on March 26, 1999 at 12:46:15:

You can get comps from experian.com. Knowx.com is where I go to find owners of vacant homes. Sorry for any inconvenience I’ve caused.
Russ

Re: The best way to calculate value of a home - Posted by Bobbie

Posted by Bobbie on March 26, 1999 at 08:19:43:

Thanks for the website address. I’m constantly blown away at how generous the folks on this site are with sharing rescources. Hope I can respond in kind soon.