The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by jerald

Posted by WC on July 24, 2003 at 03:47:54:

i think if somebody is bitter about this business, he/she can always walk away from this biz.

i have been to many seminars. mostly are bad, some are good, but they all have one in comment, they always make sure that you have the right mind-set.

unfortunately most people ain’t ready, over 90% of the people who have/haven’t signed up for whatever the seminars are selling… ending up lossing their money, their confidence…

but, i always have this question in mind:
if a specific strategy does not work in your area, do you blame on the method or you should be more aware on your approach?

if you are worried about how other ppl’s concern, perhaps you can bring more qualified people from now on. then they know there’s nothing to do with you (if that would make you feel more comfortable)

i am just starting out, i haven’t maken any big bucks, may be you can coach me, i’ll be nice :slight_smile:

happy investing,

-WC
www.noteshare.net

The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by jerald

Posted by jerald on July 24, 2003 at 02:57:30:

I am writing this message to all real estate investors newbies and veterans i am a realestate investtor who brought a new investor into the nusiness i shared my connectons and money with a guy who wasnt ready for the business from the exposure that I gave him I noticed that he was making negative comments about all the other investors, their material riches and all the success many of us had who came to the business before him. I cannot believe that there ae people lurking in the mist waiting to bring many hard working investors down because they have had short comings in their life, how does a person get know someone in this business without talking about money and putting their money were their mouth is ? I do not want my fellow investors to be negative or jeolous when they see others come around who have success. What should I do to avoid the bitter investor? the one who does one thing in the light but does another in the dark? do all investors turn into snakes or is this an isolated incident? Does anyone have any response to this? Do a lot of investors get jeolous of others? is this business cut throat? Should I tell all the investors that I introduced this guy to that he has personal problems with them? Or should i bring him into the business knowing that I am the individual who introduced this guyt to alot of great people? i want to tell all my buddies that the guy is a real jerk who is actually trying to see if all of us are really aking care of business and making some of the worst comments i/ve heard about people in a long time? can anyone help me? This guy could be a criminal or something or bring harm to one of us because we are trying to progress?

Most people are ‘victims’ - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on July 27, 2003 at 08:14:12:

I see that everywhere. It’s always someone else’s fault. Those people normally don’t go anywhere.

It sounds to me, as if you have some kind of other connection to this guy, since you write, that you brought him into this business. Is it a relative? That would make it difficult to just cut the ties, since it might backfire on other family relationships, that you may have.

I hope foor you,t hat you’re able to sever the ties and let this guy hang himself.

michaela

Re: The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on July 26, 2003 at 16:17:45:

I don’t understand why you don’t just cut the ties.

Re: The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on July 24, 2003 at 20:35:08:

Jerald:

You gain nothing dodging the issue. If your beliefs about this person are such that you deem it necessary then by all means be upfront, firm, fair, and unshakeble in a conversation with him about his conduct. Explain that it does not meet yours or your fellow invesors expectations and that you can no longer work with or recommend him as someone they should work with.

Likewise be the same with your fellow “great guys” and tell them of the actions you took and why.

There is also nothing to be gained from putting it into a personal context. Explain to him and to your fellow investors that it is strictly a business ethics and operations situation and that you do not think it best that you/they continue the relationship with him.

He will probably get irritated, call you a few well chosen names and words but that too will pass. It never hurts to take the high ground. What goes round, comes round.

GoodLuck
=======>Bill

You can always tell - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on July 24, 2003 at 15:38:41:

You can always tell an hole, they have a shtty outlook and tunnel vision.

Why waste your time with losers?

Re: The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on July 24, 2003 at 10:30:26:

I agree with Lyal. A lot of PEOPLE in general are bitter and jealous. I suspect this guy’s attitude isn’t just limited to real estate investing.

Brian (NY)

Re: The bitter investor. (Everybody please read?) - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on July 24, 2003 at 07:25:34:

Jerald,
Was this person a bitter investor or just a bitter person? You see this all the time. Bad luck, everyone else gets the breaks, someone else got his / her promotion…
What did you do to qualify this person? Use the same process you use for a seller / buyer.
One thing you develop in the business is people skills where you get pretty good at seeing through the facade to the real core (of the person).
Next time, take some time to feel the person out. Have lunch, maybe spend a little time together socially and get a better feel for where their head is at. Then you can make a better decision.
All the best, Lyal