The Convention Is A Must... - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 13, 2006 at 18:06:05:

Hi Wayne,

I remember you well. You are doing deals on the coast of N. Carolina and had some great niche ideas.

And we had breakfast together once.

The Convention Is A Must… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 11, 2006 at 17:48:30:

…for those who are just starting out.

1./ You get exposed to many, many different ideas, niches and techniques to see what you might be interested in and what will work best in your local real estate market.

2./ You get to meet some very experienced investors that you can bounce ideas off of and ask specific questions to. They are all very friendly and helpfully, so don’t be bashful.

3./ You will be motivated and inspired by the doers at the Convention that have been where you are now and they can show you how to get to where they are now.

4./ You get to meet the owners of this site, JP and Terry Vaughan in person. ( That was a great thrill for me way back at the 1999 Dallas Convention ).

5./ You get to put faces with the names you see on a daily basis on this site.

6./ The Convention is tax deductable as a business expense so your actual dollar cost will be much less come tax time April 2007.

7./ The roundtables are diverse, informative and motivational. They are all packed with knowledge, some of it "cutting edge ".

8./ You have the opportunity to network and build business relationships for future deals.

9./ The Atlanta Airport Marriot has a great facilty where the restaurants and bars are all close to each other and the bathrooms are out the bar, take a left down the hall 23 steps, take a right and your there. What I’m getting at is that everything is close by for networking. No taking a shuttle or escalator all over the place.

10./ The Convention will supply you with an incredable high that you will bring back home with you. It’s a real, " can do " atmosphere.

Ask me how I know all this. Enjoy the 2006 CRE Convention.

Re: The Convention Is A Must… - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on March 13, 2006 at 17:36:49:

Phil,
I’m planning to come… I 'm really attracted to deal discussion and networking part of it. I really want to hear some the speakers, others I’ve heard them talk several times in the past… How much of the time is set for Q&A and deal discussion, and networking? I don’t want to come all the way and hear the same sales pitch I hear at the local REI club.

Thanks for your info!

nancy 214-206-1850

Re: The Convention Is A Must… - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on March 11, 2006 at 17:59:46:

You’ve been kind of quite lately. When you do speak, it is in volumes and it belongs in the library of Congress. I met you last year for the first time. I hope to make it a second.

speakers, do they have those too? - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 14, 2006 at 11:34:54:

Oh yea, I remember now. They do have speakers teaching all kinds of info. It’s funny, but what I always remember the most is meeting people and networking. If you have gone for the last 5 (or is it 6?) years like me, you keep going back not for the speakers, but for all the other interesting people you meet and chat with. I have seen 90% of the speakers that will be there this year, yet I will attend and get real value out of attending. The value I get is:

1. New ideas of ways to do business or marketing.
  2. New friendships with people I meet.
  3. Renewing friendships with those I have seen/met the past several years.
  4. Hearing about wild deals that other investors have put together.
  5. Getting all fired up and ready to go back home with renewed enthusiasm.
  6. Getting to chat with Phil Fernandez and seeing how early he goes to up to his room to sleep this year. 5 or 6 conventions go Phil was good till 4 AM, but he has faded into a before midnight type as of late!

Come to Atlanta and join us, it is education but very fun too.

Ken

thanks!! - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on March 14, 2006 at 08:56:07:

Thanks Phill and JT!!
Sounds great!! this’s the kind of convension I’ve been looking for!! more experienced investors sharing ideas vs majority of newbies where speakers are just there to sell courses.

I’d be looking forward to meet both of you!

Nancy Wu

Networking nearly 24/3 or 4 - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 13, 2006 at 18:06:02:

Nancy:

It is pretty hard to get the group at the Conv to stop talking RE… Networking goes on constantly, until the wee hours of the night; (and morning). And surprisingly most of the talk is shop, with little deviation.

Speakers go on from 8 until Noon, break for lunch, then afternoon session until 5 or 6 pm. You will chit chat with many folks before and after these sessions, and folks have even been known to skip a session, in order to catch up with those that they have corresponded with on the site, many times…

The experience in total is fantastic. You would hard pressed to find a more productive time spent for a RE investor, Newbie or a Veteran. The conv is worth literally 10 times what you will spend out of pocket, and that is if you aren’t trying too hard to absord all that is available. Dividends can be many times that if you network with the right people… Where else can you go and rub elbows with the brainpower that exists in one spot for a weekend…? And I am referring to those out there doing deals, not just the speakers… The real knowledge is acquired between or after the formal speakers, IMO. This is not to diminish the speaker and what can be gained there too, as you will find the entire experience hard to beat…

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN

Re: The Convention Is A Must… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 13, 2006 at 17:59:16:

Hi Nancy,

The speakers are only a small part of the Convention. And JP runs a tight ship. After each speaker talks for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, they talk about their products for maybe 10 minutes.

However the networking and deal making goes on during the entire Convention. Through my 7 years attending the Convention, many times I’ve seen individuals talking and getting advice from the likes of Ed Garcia, Terry Vaughan, Mike Morongiello and the like one on one. I’ve seen Terry Vaughan talk to individual attendees for over 30 minutes brainstorming a strategy or solution to a real estate investing situation.

There is also a nice feature that CREOnline has implemented a couple of years ago. It’s called something like the Deal Makers Forum where there is a panel of experts up front. The individual comes up and talks about their deal and the experts give advice on how to dol the deal. And sometimes they even tell you that there is no deal there.

The Saturday roundtables are also times to ask the experts. Now as all this is going on, there are many very very experienced successful investors roaming around always willing to listen and help. So that the networking and deal solving problems are an ongoing event.

I’ve often had a drink or sat down for lunch or dinner at the Convention and discussed deals. People bring their deals to the Convention and they get dissected and discussed.

It’s quite a time and very motivational too. Hope this helps. I’m a big believer of this particular Convention.