The Convention - Posted by Josh MA

Posted by Ron (MD) on February 12, 2001 at 15:38:51:

Jim,

When a prospective buyer expresses an interest in one of my rehabs, I do not chase after them. I want someone who is serious enough about owning a home that they return phone calls, provide documents, etc. on a timely basis, without prodding. My theory is that if I have to coax and cajole them, then their heart really isn’t in it and they are likely to bail out of the process before settlement.

What’s that got to do with this thread? This wannabe investor wants others to provide the solution to his problem. When he didn’t like the various solutions that were offered, he posted this pitiful, poor-me surrender. I think he is doing exactly the right thing…sitting home wishing he was an investor. Like the unmotivated buyer who is unlikely to make it to settlement, this guy is unlikely to succeed as an investor.

That’s my opinion, anyway.

Ron Guy

The Convention - Posted by Josh MA

Posted by Josh MA on February 12, 2001 at 10:50:05:

Well it seems my Credit Card was Not Enough to Secure My Seat at the Convention i Did’nt have enough credit to get it done So I Wont be attending the Convention cause i dont see how it is Possible for me to come up with the money in the short time there is to get a seat Secured for me so i wish you all Good Luck and Have Fun in Atlanta…

Josh… try - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on February 12, 2001 at 19:23:24:

The pawn shop! But pawn off something that you need so you will be sure to go and retrieve it when you return.

See you at the Convention pal, er will we?

If you’re motivated to attend you will, otherwise you’ll sit home pouting and whining that someone should have paid your way like you thought they would.

It don’t work that way pal, but if you really want to attend you will. Most doers will and all wannabes won’t.

Show me what you are

Ron

Re: The Convention - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 12, 2001 at 18:30:55:

Josh,

Not to be harsh with you here, as I don’t think anyone has been harsh with you, I’ve got a question for you.

A week or so ago Jim Rayner, a highly successful investor from your area, offered you a solution to your money problem or the lack of money to attend the upcoming convention. As I recall, Jim kindly offered you a part time job with him so you could earn the money to attend the convention. Did you ever investigate that opportunity.

Here’s hoping you will reconsider Jim’s kind offer. I’m pulling for you, as long as you are willing to sacrafice to get to the convention.

Re: The Convention - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Jim Rayner on February 12, 2001 at 12:57:31:

Josh,

How bad do you really want to become an investor? I won?t let you off this easily.

According to my calendar the average ?e ? person would have at least 12 days off between now and the Convention. This is surely enough time to come up with the necessary funds if you really want to become an investor. This isn?t an overnight transition that you think you want. It takes time, patience, sacrifices, sweat along with a complete turnaround in one?s view of money, life and living. Are you really cut out to be an investor? You hold your future in your hands and based on your post you?re thinking ?inside the box.?

You need only to look outside the box, and there you will find the answer you seek. Is there not something or someone who offered you a solution to this problem just in the past few days? What could you do with 12 days off that could solve this problem? Is there anything that you could do that would perhaps be helpful in becoming an investor?

An opportunity awaits just make that call this evening

Jim Rayner (Jim_MA)