The Convention - Posted by Michigan Andy

Posted by SCook85 on February 22, 2001 at 20:35:50:

Andy,
If you book your airline tickets now you should be able to get very attractive rates. Calling the airlines direct, going to sites such as travelocity.com, or searching the board for suggested sites to purchase tickets will help you in your search.

I reserved my round trip tickets from Baltimore, cost me $183.50. I think I paid less last year, but it sure beats driving. I’d spend close to that on gas- and it doesn’t even take into consideration the wear and tear on your vehicle.

If you shop enough you should be able to purchase tickets for less then what I paid, I didn’t shop at all.

Steve

Steve

The Convention - Posted by Michigan Andy

Posted by Michigan Andy on February 22, 2001 at 20:29:11:

Any seats/rooms left? If so, I will be there. I need to finish the refi of my house before I do, then I will be buying a couple of tix. JP- can you confirm seats, please?

Also, my lovely wife and I are thinking about driving from West Michigan, a 15-hour drive. Anyone know where we can get cheap tickets out of Detroit?

Thanks for any info, and we are very much looking forward to being there.

Andy

Re: The Convention - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on February 23, 2001 at 08:11:08:

Hi Andy,

Yes, we still have seats left, but don’t wait until the last
minute because it’s looking more and more like a sell out.

One of our helpers is flying in from Detroit Metro. I
believe Jeanne found round trip tickets for her from
www.sidestep.com for a good price.

See you in Atlanta!

JP

Re: The Convention - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on February 23, 2001 at 07:01:50:

I get the best deal through www.bestfares.com…See ya’ll there.
Dee

Re: The Convention - Posted by JD_TX

Posted by JD_TX on February 23, 2001 at 03:05:08:

Andy,

Try qixo.com. It does a broad search and seems to turn up the lowest fares. My low fare turned out to be on Delta and I purchased thru “qixo.com” $189.50 + their $10.00 charge. After the purchase “duh”, I thought (about time!) that I’d check Delta’s website. Their price for same flight was $186.00. So, when you get a price go check out the airlines website also, before you buy. Also, hotwire.com has some knocked out prices but will only confirm your date range before you buy. You don’t know the airline or exact flight times until after you purchase. I was a little hinkey about trying that.

Good Luck