the definition of persistence - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by eric-fl on July 21, 2003 at 11:11:20:

My officemate is a self-professed cycling geek, and has been rattling on and on about this guy - FOR ME, THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!.. But, apparently, cycling is huge in France, and this guy beats them at it all the time, which infuriates them. Yet something else that Americans regularly beat the French at, as if we really needed to add to the list…

the definition of persistence - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 21, 2003 at 09:54:28:

LANCE ARMSTRONG

Okay, it seems like a stretch to compare le tour to Real Estate, but if you want to see a human being demonstrate the kind of mental strength to achieve what you want, check out today’s stage.

Incroyable!

Anne

the definition of persistence - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on July 21, 2003 at 17:53:53:

Best one I know::
"Nothing in the world can take place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." Calvin Coolidge

I guess this includes bicycling also.

======>Bill

Re: the definition of persistence - Posted by Len

Posted by Len on July 21, 2003 at 11:57:49:

Hi Anne,

I think there’s another way to compare RE to cycling. Even though we hear about the individual–Lance Armstrong–he is victorious because of the entire TEAM around him. In his case, there are 6 or 7 other cyclists who are world-class at different aspects of a race like the Tour who help Armstrong win. Sounds kinda like our RE attorneys, accountants, Realtors, lenders, etc…

Cheers,
Len