The Kaiser Course - Posted by Anthony S

Posted by chris on March 15, 2000 at 19:08:37:

Thanks HR. Tried to e-mail you but it didn’t work.

-Chris

The Kaiser Course - Posted by Anthony S

Posted by Anthony S on March 14, 2000 at 05:27:09:

A friend of mine just gave me the Joe Kaiser “Ultimate Lease Option” stuff. Can anyone tell me if it’s worth reading. Has anyone had any success with this course? I never even heard of Joe Kaiser. Is he as good as Carleton Sheets? I never saw this guy on TV. Does anyone know how long he has been around? The reason for my asking is that my friend said he didn’t like it at all!

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated. I have the Carleton Sheets course ordered in the mail as we speak, but my concern is, should I read this stuff or use Mr Sheets Course. I like the “No Money Down” system

Anthony

My two cents… - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on March 14, 2000 at 10:57:47:

I am known here mostly as a commercial investor and developer. However in “previous lifetimes” I was in the mobile home business, and then spent ten years as a contractor building single family houses, and also some time buying and selling SFR foreclosures. Our family company got out of single family development about ten years ago and has been in commercial RE ever since.

Those of you that heard me speak at the convention know that in January my youngest brother, Ron, came back to our family company after several years of being in the finance and mortgage business. He came back specifically to get us back into the single family house business. We intend to be very active in buying and selling single family houses with the ultimate goal of creating and holding paper on the deals. Our focus is on foreclosures and distressed or abandoned houses. He is out right now spreading “We Buy Houses” flyers all over town.

This is all a long way of saying that we are experienced real estate investors, and fairly large players if you will, and have access to just about anything we need in the way of capital, credit, contacts and resources. However, it’s been ten years since I was active in SFR’s and I know from being involved with CREO and this newsgroup that the techniques I was using back then were no where near as sophisticated as the practices I see discussed on this board every day. And Ron is pretty much a rookie, so we thought the best thing to do would be for him to learn from what we considered to be the best sources available.

So when he came to work we did three things. First, we set him up with a brand new computer with an Internet connection and set CREO as his homepage. Second, we ordered Joe Kaiser’s Foreclosure course and the Abandoned properties course. Third, I brought Ron to the convention in Atlanta so he could meet the winners and hear firsthand how the best people in the business get houses bought and sold.

I picked Joe’s courses because after reading his posts here, every word on his website and hearing about people using his techniques I could tell that the man knew what he was talking about. Nobody can fake street smarts, and Joe is street smart. His writing style reflects the fact that he has been out there doing it, kickin’ a** and taking names. I like that. You can’t sht a shtter folks, and I can sling it with the best of them. (ain’t that right Garcia and Piper?!?) So with all the material available out there, we picked Joe’s. And that is not to say anything against anyone else that has similar courses. I just felt that Joe best suited our style of doing business.

I am happy to say that we have not been disappointed. The courses deliver some of the most crafty and intelligent techniques I have ever seen. It will take is a year to try them all. My biggest worry is that we will overlook something in our hurry to get up and running.

That’s my two cents, and I will add that I don’t personally know Joe Kaiser, nor do I gain anything from a recommendation. I respect him as a professional, and hope we get the chance to meet one day.

That’s enough out of me,

ray

Re: The Kaiser Course - Posted by Darin

Posted by Darin on March 14, 2000 at 09:39:45:

Why dont you zip over to his web sit www.nothingdown.com if you already have not and see that he really does do deals and not just sell programs. From my experience, from reading his posts and how to articles along with following some of his deals on his site, he appears to be one of the sharpest around.

Nice Post, is this a setup? - Posted by Walt_FL

Posted by Walt_FL on March 14, 2000 at 08:45:02:

Anthony,

I hope he gave you the software(Shhh)too, you are fortunate Anyhony, my 1st RE sets were Carleton’s and Dave Del Dotto’s, and I paid $100 Used (Boy, I negotiated him right down!) Dave was Fluff, however Excited Fluff, [thinking someone is gonna say NG2 stuff] Carletons is good solid stuff that opens the door to the veritable cornucopia that Real Estate is…
I read everything I can & you should too, However Joes stuff is Now & Happening & yet step by step, cause the Phone rings, then its up to me…
Anthony, there is no 1 magic course, there are thousand’s, however, few will give you the tools to do a deal (whatever your situation) from Jump Street. Here the rest of the story… NONE of them work if you don’t. Keep Joes stuff handy, you can’t have mine, its funny too!

Walt_FL

Ps. Carleton worked my neck of the woods, now me & Joe are. I have spoken to Joe (Don’t know how long he’s been around-42 Yrs???) on the phone (he called), haven’t heard from Carleton though. Joe is super busy doing a Gazillion things, most of them somehow related to Real Estate… LMAO!!! and doing deals HELLO. nothingdown.com

Re: The Kaiser Course - Posted by Charles

Posted by Charles on March 14, 2000 at 08:40:07:

If you don’t want it send it to me, I’ll pay postage. I know I’ll be interested just from reading Kaiser’s articles, posts and web site.

I know you didn’t mean to be insulting… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 14, 2000 at 06:38:32:

Anthony,

Comparing Joe Kaiser to CS is like comparing an apple to the Mona Lisa. Apples are good; Da Vinci’s art is great. Kaiser’s stuff is great. In fact, imho, it’s some of the best rei stuff ever put out.

Why?

Because Joe is a genius at figuring out how systems work, and then figuring out how to beat them. CS is elementary rei education (but there are better ways to start with an even elementary beginning); Kaiser is graduate school.

Is it worth reading? Absolutely. Is it what you should be reading right now? Probably not. You need more basic info first. I suspect your friend did not like it because your friend is still starting out and doesn’t appreciate the niche dimension of this course.

Why don’t you do this? Read CS, and then read Kaiser (yes, it is most definately worth your time). Kaiser’s course will assume you already know much of the mechanics of lease options, but once you learn that from CS, ask yourself, Does it make sense that this niche might exist that Joe talks about? And if it does, could his system ingeniously give me an avenue to target these folks with good success and little competition? (If you anwer yes to both questions, pass Go. If you answer no, go back and reread the stuff again until the light bulb goes off).

Finally, Anthony, when one starts out in any field, (smart) folks read whats available already to learn the field. You should be reading not only everything here, but a lot of $15 books available from Barnes and Noble on rei. $15 is a cheap price to pay for a good author’s wisdom and experience. You are gonna find some worthless authors (Hicks, Cook, etc), but sifting through the dust to get to the gold takes time, until you get more knowledgeable. Your friend dropped a nugget of gold in your lap. I hope you appreciate it. If you don’t, keep it on your shelf. One day I suspect you will.

Good luck,

HR

Re: The Kaiser Course - Posted by Glenn-OH

Posted by Glenn-OH on March 14, 2000 at 06:27:52:

The fact that he is not running infomercials is a plus, and demonstrates quality, even though I have not read his course. As far as which to use, the answer is both an more. Read and “talk” investing as much as you can in the beginning. Take the best from each of your readings, but don’t fall for hype.
Glenn

Re: Tempting, but I’ll resist… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 14, 2000 at 05:41:20:

Sheets’ course contains one chapter on Lease Options.

Kaiser has a course solely on Lease Options that you just got for free. You may want to top that off with Bronchick’s Lease Option course. It is available at this site-Bronchick does the Legal Corner section also and has written many of the free articles. You can also read Kaiser’s articles for free at this site.

Did your friend say what he did not like at all?

Joe Kaiser actually posts here from time to time so maybe he will drop by. I don’t think Carleton will be stopping by today.

Re: I know you didn’t mean to be insulting… - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 14, 2000 at 20:42:11:

Courses are written by fools who drink Snapple? . . . but only God can make an apple.

Joe

He Said - Posted by Anthony S

Posted by Anthony S on March 14, 2000 at 06:38:48:

It was all unethical ways of dealing with sellers. Maybe he just is not cut out for this! Who knows? I will certainly use it though
He said no seller is going to do stuff the way he says you have to do it unless they are really in the pits

Anthony

Street smart isn’t unethical. - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 14, 2000 at 06:54:23:

Anthony,

Joe gives real world ideas. Some of this stuff is hard ball negotiation; it’s not for the faint of heart. Hard ball isn’t unethical, though. Hardball sometimes means giving brutal price or terms, because its the only thing that can create a deal.

The people you should be talking to should be “really in the pits.” They have to be motivated sellers. 80% of the folks out there with re for sale will not discount it significantly for us to make any $$$. 20% of the folks will, because their property and/or (usually and) their lives are in disrepair. It’s not anyone’s fault here that their lives are a mess. It’s your job to figure out how to solve their life and property problems. That’s negotiations. And sometimes that means telling them that the house they have that would be worth 100k if they fixed it up is only worth 60k because of the disrepair, and the best you can give them is 40k cash or 50k lease option. (One should, of course, do this with a soft touch; soft touch is always better imho than hard touch; but soft touch often contains hardball price or terms).

What I find funny about this discussion is that we are talking about Kaiser’s lease option course. The whole idea is targeting the tired landlord. If you think offering a lease option to get a tired landlord unshackled from a property they no longer want is hardball, you should see what the tenants do to some of these landlords! That’s truly hardball. And it will send even the most seasoned investor to the pits, with lightening speed!

Just my 2 cents.

HR

Re: Street smart isn’t unethical. - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 14, 2000 at 07:25:16:

HR-

Don’t make up stories! My Sheets’ course never mentions nothin’ about tenants doing anything bad to landlords or their properties. You know as well as I do that if it aint in the Sheets course it aint gonna happen in real life.

I’m gonna go get the real scoop on this here Kaiser guy over at an ethical investors site a.k.a. www.johntreed.com.

P.S. Know where I can get some discounted bonds? This one fella has a house that I’m gonna offer my boat trailer and some bonds for.

Chris, you make me laugh. nt - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 14, 2000 at 20:15:56:

nt