The most dreaded phrase from a tenant

And I heard it early Monday morning…there has been a fire. Long story short: malleable copper gas line connecting stove kinked, developed a leak and ignited. Luckily tenant was at the stove, saw the fire and had the common sense to shut off the valve at the wall. I had always noticed and commented on how clean that tenant’s house was. Come to find out she even pulls out the stove and cleans behind it religiously once a week. Worried that copper supply line clear through after the 4 years she has been there (but man it sure was clean behind the stove when I got there). I prefer gas stoves and have them almost exclusively in my houses and trailers (I could retire on the amount I spent on electric burner eyes before I switched over). I picked up 18 flexible stainless steel gas supply lines yesterday afternoon and spent the day today behind 18 of my not so clean tenants stoves (lots of leftovers back there). $30 a whack for the new supply lines but I’m not complaining. It could have been sooo much worse.
Clinton

Clinton,

How long before you expect to replace the new lines?

There likely needs to be some periodic maintenance to reduce the risk of a repeat in the future.