THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by Deb

Posted by JohnBoy on July 16, 2002 at 24:02:14:

So what was the con? How do you know that is what she did? What facts do you have to back this up with?

THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by Deb

Posted by Deb on July 13, 2002 at 10:48:26:

There is a case in Ohio mentioned on another re site where a real estate investor, Mrs. Porter, purchased dozens of properties subject to since 1999 and did put them in landtrusts. I do not have all the details, but she is being sued by 27 of the sellers for fraud …maybe the tenant/buyers defaulted? Some of you may have more knowledged about this than me. But, I would like to know what steps could the Porter woman have taken to prevent this from happening to her?
This could be a valuable case for all of us to learn from.
Thanks,
De

Re: THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 16, 2002 at 07:54:41:

This case was discussed at some length on the MNG…run a search you’ll find it. The bottom line: Ms. Porter did not live up to her obligations (pay the mortgages that were taken subject to), hurt a lot of people, and is being sued. She was grossly negligent at best, and fraudulent at worst. Such people make competent & honest investors look bad…especially because the dolts in the press will tar ALL investors with the same brush.

John Hyre

Re: THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by Helen

Posted by Helen on July 15, 2002 at 19:22:20:

Would you give me the link to read this info. I’m doing subject…gives me pause to think.

Re: THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by waynepdx on July 13, 2002 at 21:41:25:

The case is simple.

A dumb idiot conned people and hopefully will face jail time.

Re: THE PORTER CASE:What went wrong? - Posted by Deb

Posted by Deb on July 15, 2002 at 19:35:35:

Helen,
The link is in the above threads.
Deb