The truth about mentoring - Posted by Ken

Posted by avery hodge on September 02, 2002 at 10:50:49:

I’m looking for a mentor in the NYC area. Please E-mail me and let me know. avery

The truth about mentoring - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on July 20, 2002 at 05:56:45:

I can’t believe how some people think. Mentoring is not for everybody. It is for the person that has the desire to learn the fastest possible way. I hired a successful investor from Cleveland to train me and because of that I make six figures. Does anybody understand that real estate is a business? All successful businesses hire consultants ie.Mentors! Now I payed alot of money but it was a good investment that payed off. I saw a few posts that talked about $750.00 for a mentor! What a joke. What successful investor would take you under his wing for such a cheap price? The answer is no one that does any real investing.
All of you tree hugging do gooders that think an expert should train you for free need to put down the crack pipe and come back to the real world. Can you say BUSINESS. That is the problem with real estate investors and this is why we are looked upon so badly some times. My advise is that if you are going to invest then be good at it.
Ken

Re: The truth about mentoring - Posted by cynthia

Posted by cynthia on July 20, 2002 at 21:00:59:

"All of you tree hugging do gooders that think an expert should train you for free need to put down the crack pipe and come back to the real world. " ???

okay, i know i’m new here, and would by NO means EXPECT mentoring for FREE… I KNOW it’s a business, and think it’s only fair, BUT I personally take offence to your crack pipe remarks. I wouldn’t ask for it for free… i asked how to get a mentor and did get a couple responses and how much they charge. I think it’s resonable, i’m learning ALOT by reading posts, and hope to someday be able to help someone else out.
This just may black ball me on these boards, but I think your comments make you sound like an ass.
Forgive me,
cynthia

Re: The truth about mentoring - Posted by Brenda Borchelt

Posted by Brenda Borchelt on July 20, 2002 at 07:26:11:

Very good! I agree.