theres got to be a better market than this - Posted by Hayes Freeman

Posted by Bob-Tx on February 26, 2001 at 12:28:58:

Doubtful that you will find the kind of motivated sellers you need in the classified ads. Every market has sellers with the right motivation to make for profitable investing, you just need to find a way to locate those folks. It’s not always easy, if it were everybody would be doing it, but it can be done.

theres got to be a better market than this - Posted by Hayes Freeman

Posted by Hayes Freeman on February 26, 2001 at 24:17:04:

Hi,
Ive just started studying, and taking steps to start investing in real estate as Carlton Sheets, and others are teaching. Creative financing, low down etc…
I live in San Luis Obispo, Ca. The market here is extremely high. At this point people can sell any piece of junk for 250,000. People will get in line to buy anything. I have been advised to buy properties that produce 1% of purchase price in rent per month. Everything Ive seen is more like .5% The local classifieds has no signs of creative selllers whatsoever.
Im wondering if it is wise to look into investing in income properties in another county, or state even. I plan to do my best to find some flexible sellers around here, but I cant help but wonder if there are better markets to work in from here. Any advise would help.