Things are rolling again! - Posted by Charity

Posted by Michael on December 28, 2000 at 20:15:32:

Charity,

It is great to hear that you are doing well. I’m still in the asking questions and reading all the postings I can find stage. I’m eager to start my career as well but I’m still just a little nervous.
Reading postings such as your just inforces the realization that I’m waste my time by not starting now.

I hope all the deals you spoke about work out for you and may you have the best of luck in your REI.

Michael, KY.

Things are rolling again! - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 28, 2000 at 18:39:20:

I am getting pretty excited about REI now. After months of studying and not DOING anything, I have taken a lot of steps to crank up my buying machine in the past 3 weeks and it is starting to pay off. Just wanted to share some possible deals!

1. Definitely signing this one up on Saturday: Going to L/O from the seller for mtg balance of $150K. Payments are $1016 and I will L/P to T/B for $1300 with option fee of $5,000. Sales price to T/B will be at least $159,900.

2. Possible deal: meeting with seller Friday night: Another L/O possiblity: Seller needs to get out- building new house- doesn’t need money from this one for down payment, but needs monthly debt relief. Home valued at $299K. Going to discuss all the possibilities with seller.

3. Condo in exclusive area of town: checked comps and could get $160K easy: seller will take $139K and L/O to me. No word on monthly spread yet. Wants me to come see ASAP. Totally renovated.

4. Seller has another home. Interested in L/O: home priced at $183,500 now, will offer low $170s. Comps are up to $230 for comparable home in n’hood. Great backend potential! Haven’t discussed monthly payments yet. Sending info via email on L/O and will meet after New Years.

Those are the main ones so far. I am getting calls everyday, all day long. Many are not legit, of course, but I am excited about the ones that are!

Charity

questions about #1 - Posted by Kevin Subbert

Posted by Kevin Subbert on December 29, 2000 at 23:02:44:

What is the interest rate of the mortgage and are taxes and insurance impounded? Thats an excellent monthly payment for a mortgage of $150000. If the rate is 7.125% then the payments would be around $1010 WITHOUT taxes and insurance. Just curious.

Congrats
Kevin Subbert

Re: Things are rolling again! - Posted by JT-IL

Posted by JT-IL on December 29, 2000 at 11:03:58:

Yes Charity, I would love to know what you are doing to get that phone ringing…I am just getting started !

Re: Things are rolling again! - Posted by Carlos

Posted by Carlos on December 28, 2000 at 21:15:21:

Hey Charity… I’m right behind ya… :o) Getting new cell phone tomorrow to stop bugging my wife… :o) What are you doing to get the phone ringing? What’s working the best? Ad’s?

Carlos…